Iowa Game What did we learn?

TGHusker

5 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Calling Rhule a fraud is too immature

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He has made some questionable decisions and is not above reproach, but he's not out there throwing interceptions to guys without a Husker player anywhere near them. And he's not out there whiffing on tackles giving Iowa runners 20 yards in critical situations. 

• Plus1 1

My final after game response for now.  This program is in trouble and has been in trouble now for a few years.  I did not see anything from this staff that shows me we are heading in the right direction.  If this would have been a first time head coach, I would have felt better going forward.  A good coach and staff would have managed to win one of the last four games to get bowl invite.  When you are sitting at 5-3, with four games left against rather bad and flawed teams, you find ways to win at least one of those games.  This did not happen.  The teams will not be this bad next season.  All the teams we faced this season will improve going forward.  Will be improve and even if we do improve, will we win more games next season?

31 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We learned that Hutmacher and Robinson are coming back next year. That's a small silver lining here.

Both of those guys will no doubt improve their draft stock by coming back next year, especially if Tony White stays and they get to grow with his system.

If they can build some depth behind them I like the possibilities of our defense next year.

With that said, they do need to spend the offseason getting offenses off the field on third down. We gave up way too many third and longs the last few games this season.

Rhule is Frost 2.0. We will be here next year discussing the same exact problems and issues. Rhule will not fire Satt. We might lose coach white who has been the one bright spot this season. Our QBs are awful and talented players on offense are inconsistent. Our players body language coming out of the gates was that of a scared bunch who did not believe they can win. I remember pelini’s teams coming out of the gates. They had emotion. This team is dead. Rhule said last week that the players were crushed and hurt. If that were true, they should have come out today with fire and passion. Instead, they came out knowing that they were going to lose. Failure of success is a real thing and this team reeks of that.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

My final after game response for now.  This program is in trouble and has been in trouble now for a few years.  I did not see anything from this staff that shows me we are heading in the right direction.  If this would have been a first time head coach, I would have felt better going forward.  A good coach and staff would have managed to win one of the last four games to get bowl invite.  When you are sitting at 5-3, with four games left against rather bad and flawed teams, you find ways to win at least one of those games.  This did not happen.  The teams will not be this bad next season.  All the teams we faced this season will improve going forward.  Will be improve and even if we do improve, will we win more games next season?

I disagree.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Maybe. 

32 minutes ago, WWG1_we_GBR said:

Guess I don't need to make plans to head to Nashville for the bowl game.

You mean New York or Detroit. Maybe that’s a silver lining. Not having to play in those two places in the dead of winter! (Still wanted to win though. I felt bad for the seniors who aren’t coming back next year. Still love this team. GBR!)