First Depth Chart of the Season

I don't really know everybody's name anymore, but wasn't Sterup a starter? How long has it been expected for a redshirt freshman to win this job over him?

I noticed this also. Nick Gates might be the guy to watch on the o line. It will be interesting to see if he keeps the #1 job.

Looks like Foster is set to see a lot of time also.

Looking at all those names on one list actually gets me quite a bit more excited for the possibilities of the season than I was previously. We don't have an embarrassment of riches in proven talent and experience, but we do have a good solid base of both that might just be ready to make some moves.

I don't really know everybody's name anymore, but wasn't Sterup a starter? How long has it been expected for a redshirt freshman to win this job over him?

I noticed this also. Nick Gates might be the guy to watch on the o line. It will be interesting to see if he keeps the #1 job.

Looks like Foster is set to see a lot of time also.

It would be pretty cool if Foster and Gates could establish themselves as RFR offensive linemen in terms of the future. Could be a really nice thing to build on.

Yeah, I don't believe this shows the suspensions besides Carter from what the rumors were. People kept bringing up M Rose and possibly J Rose, but they both show as starting.

I may be mistaken, but, I think you can still withhold the names of who is officially starting at what position until shortly before game time. I know teams will do this with injuries all the time, waiting until just before the game to announce if Player X will be suiting up that day. I don't know if suspensions work the same way.

Also, looks like Kevin Williams is a back-up. But, we all know he is going to see anywhere 30-to-40 percent of snaps in a game.

Yeah, I don't believe this shows the suspensions besides Carter from what the rumors were. People kept bringing up M Rose and possibly J Rose, but they both show as starting.

J Rose and Kalu are listed as "OR" for the starting position.

It is interesting that J Rose is the only starter on D with an 'OR' next to his name

Is Sterup finally healthy? I thought I heard Benning mention briefly at some point the last couple weeks that he "hasn't been healthy in over a year." I knew he wasn't last year, but it'd be a shame if an offseason couldn't get him right. If so, that and a combination of Gates just being talented is why he's #2.

Perhaps they view the TEs and RBs as interchangeable, after Newby that is. That'd explain the many -OR-s.

Hopefully we can afford to use LBs that way as well. It'd go a long ways toward maintaining aggressive, attacking D. Giff could give the starters a blow on passing downs, and Newby could add some pass rush, I think.

RFr. Gates beats out Sterup. That needed to happen.

I caught some flack last year for saying 84 Cotton shouldn't be on the field. On the list not four TE's he's the fourth. Looks like someone else saw it the same way I did. I wasn't sure why he was seeing so much time last year. Very poor blocking.

Jonathan Rose taking the spot. Good to see. Him and Davie should be fun to watch.

A lot of the word -OR- on the depth chart. I like it. Gonna be some battles ongoing for a few weeks. Somebody is gonna make it clear. I'm rooting for Imani. Doesn't look like he's just fading away like some have made it sound.

Way to Reeves! Locking down the starting center job. Should've been out there starting last year. I hope Reeves can stay healthy and have a kick ass season.

• Fire 1

RFr. Gates beats out Sterup. That needed to happen.

I caught some flack last year for saying 84 Cotton shouldn't be on the field. On the list not four TE's he's the fourth. Looks like someone else saw it the same way I did. I wasn't sure why he was seeing so much time last year. Very poor blocking.

Jonathan Rose taking the spot. Good to see. Him and Davie should be fun to watch.

A lot of the word -OR- on the depth chart. I like it. Gonna be some battles ongoing for a few weeks. Somebody is gonna make it clear. I'm rooting for Imani. Doesn't look like he's just fading away like some have made it sound.

Way to Reeves! Locking down the starting center job. Should've been out there starting last year. I hope Reeves can stay healthy and have a kick ass season.

First you mention that you are happy to see Sam Cotton 4th on the list at TE and using that as an example of the coaches seeing what you did. Then, you say you like all the "OR"s on the list implying that those players are equal right now and battling for positions.

With the word "OR" by all the TEs, I'm not sure Cotton's name being last means anything.

• Fire 4