Gun Control

1 hour ago, sho said:

Reports I've read, the guard noticed he had guns and confronted him, and he dropped the bag and took off.  Guard got off shots, I've read 6-8, and missed all of them.   He claimed that the kid didn't stop because he was wearing body armor, turned out that was a lie, and he was a really bad shot.   I've also read it was 2 armed security officers that shot, not sure if that's accurate or not.  

Between this incident and Parkland, we are 0-2 for armed security guards stopping a mass shooting at a school.

I suspect no one really knows how they will react in such a situation. Some might lock up. Who knows how well trained they are. There was a church in Colorado Springs that was attacked and the security guard did great and stopped the dude in his tracks. It has worked sometimes. 

every cop who stood outside that school for 40 minutes and did nothing to stop this needs to be at the least fired.   serious dereliction of duty to stand outside and arrest  parents rather than charge in and stop the slaughter inside that school.   and abbot having a press conference to talk about how the cops quick actions saved many lives should get him instantly impeached.  Abbot can go f#&% himself until his term is over.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, nic said:

I suspect no one really knows how they will react in such a situation. Some might lock up. Who knows how well trained they are. There was a church in Colorado Springs that was attacked and the security guard did great and stopped the dude in his tracks. It has worked sometimes

Hard to say it worked when multiple people still died.   Yes, it could have been worse, but that doesn't mean it was successful.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, nic said:

I suspect no one really knows how they will react in such a situation. Some might lock up. Who knows how well trained they are. There was a church in Colorado Springs that was attacked and the security guard did great and stopped the dude in his tracks. It has worked sometimes. 

If we can't trust cops or security guards or good guys with guns, then what really are our options? Keep guns out of crazy peoples hands, or just be cool with kids getting mowed down? 

• Plus1 1

Remember when four Americans died in Benghazi? Three professional soldiers and one professional diplomat (iirc) who had volunteered for extremely dangerous duty at a covert CIA operation in a violent country the U.S. was actively trying to destabilize?

Remember how we were told we should never, ever, ever forget those deaths, and the stalwart GOP politicians who convened three exhausting Congressional hearings to get to the bottom of that unthinkable tragedy?

f#&% this s#!t. 

• Plus1 4

44 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Wow...this guy is virtually incoherent and crazy as all f#&% but hey, "he'll vote my party line".

He actually said something good if you hear it out. Spend more money on mental health.