Who should we hire

1 hour ago, Whs from cb said:

a proven winner!

Exactly.  Riley was anything but a proven winner, as was Diaco.  So we have a head coach and a DC who have a mediocre record of results at best.  I just can't believe that Riley was told he pretty much had an open checkbook, and he landed on Diaco who left the UCONN program in shambles as a head coach, and had ONE good season as a DC at Cincy and Notre Dame.  

My assumption is that Riley will not be fired after this year unless the team end up at or below .500 or loses big to quality opponents.  But if he keeps the mediocrity up after the 2018 season, that could be it for him.  In his first year as head coach of UCF, Frost got the team 6 more wins than the prior season, and he has some big matchups this year, and if UCF keeps improving, he will be a hot commodity.  

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, the paradigm said:

Les Miles or Bob Stoops. We need an established coach, proven winner, and elite recruiter, not a young up-and-comer. Unfortunately we all know that Riley isn't going anywhere until his contract is up. 

That's not up to Riley...  

We don't need any changes. Lets sit back and see how this plays out. I think I've seen a team come together today...

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

As long as SE is here Riley isn't going any where

I agree. I've tried to give Riley time but have ran out of patience. Hopefully I'm wrong and things turn around this year or next. If that happens I'll be the first to admit I was way off. Like I' ve posted before just cuz someone does'nt like Riley as our coach or they criticize the coaching doesn't mean their not true fans or flipping out etc as so many posters here try to say. 

• Plus1 1

My guess is that Riley goes 7-5 or 8-4 this year, and 7-5 or 8-4 next year. At the end of next year, meaningful people will probably get on the train of Riley needing to be on the hot seat. He'll get another year with which he'll go 7-5 or 8-4 and that will be it.

So, my guess is that we are stuck with this joker for at least 2 years, maybe even 3 years.

the sad thing is that deep down inside, I feel like this program has been "poisoned" by a staggering level of ineptitude that has now spanned multiple athletic administrations. For whatever reason, the leaders of our athletic department just cannot right the ship. No one is expecting us to be NC contenders year in and year out, but we most certainly should be the class of the Big Ten West, and frankly I don't ever see that happening.

we need a difference making Head Coach, and I don't see anyone like that wanting to come here. I think the only way we get someone like that is by paying 4 or 5 million a year, cash (and lots of it) will be the catalyst to fix this thing.

Wisconsin is the team we SHOUlD be. Mark my words, Mike Riley will NEVER beat Wisconsin.

it is mind boggling to me that Penn State, a team on the death bed decimated by sanctions, Wisconsin, a team that had had umpteen coaches in recent years, are both able to have more success than we can muster. It is a sad pathetic thing.

• Plus1 9