Do you miss the Big 12?

Ostateman

I would rather be playing any old Big 8 school over the likes of Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana.  It's not worth going back though.  I would take an amalgam of Big 8 and top Big Ten West schools though in a heartbeat:

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Wisconsin

Iowa

Kansas

K-State

Iowa State

Minnesota

Northwestern

Mizzou

Colorado

Oklahoma State

There is what the Big 12 should have been...damn that would have been awesome.  Hell throw in Notre Dame and Penn State to get to the new norm of 14, what a league!

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Kind of ironic that an Oklahoma fan is waxing nostalgic about the rivalry their school ended.

Exactly - Oklahoma fans are very short sighted when it comes to this. They suffer from Stockholm Syndrome with Texas - they love being their b*tch when it comes to voting and administrative conference issues. 

28 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

I would rather be playing any old Big 8 school over the likes of Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana.  It's not worth going back though.  I would take an amalgam of Big 8 and top Big Ten West schools though in a heartbeat:

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Wisconsin

Iowa

Kansas

K-State

Iowa State

Minnesota

Northwestern

Mizzou

Colorado

Oklahoma State

There is what the Big 12 should have been...damn that would have been awesome.  Hell throw in Notre Dame and Penn State to get to the new norm of 14, what a league!

I agree.  I miss the Big 8.  NU coming to Okla and Ok State so us in Tulsa could see them nearby.   I'd like to see the Big 10 expand by grabbing some of those Big 8 teams - OU, KS, KSU, OSU

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Ostateman said:

I'm not here to troll, but to ask a question (that may have been answered long before):
Do you guys miss being in the Big 12?

NU football and fans have long been a class organization and for so many years -- a very successful one.

Yet, it seems that since you've joined the Big 10, you've struggled.

In fact, it's as if you've dropped off the face of college football's elite programs.

We always enjoyed your fans and Sig Chi brothers that came to Stillwater for the games (that we rarely won). 
When we went to Lincoln, we were always shown a great time.

I can only speak for myself when I say I miss the games with you guys. And I miss the old rivalries like ou vs Nebraska (which for decades seemed that the winner of that game went on to play for a national championship. 

Those days have passed, especially for you guys. 

There was even a mention by KSU coach Snyder that a few old Big 12 teams would like to come back. Is that true?

I know you guys miss those days of great football, too. 

So, what do you think?

**** no. 

10 hours ago, Ostateman said:

I'm not here to troll, but to ask a question (that may have been answered long before):
Do you guys miss being in the Big 12?

NU football and fans have long been a class organization and for so many years -- a very successful one.

Yet, it seems that since you've joined the Big 10, you've struggled.

In fact, it's as if you've dropped off the face of college football's elite programs.

We always enjoyed your fans and Sig Chi brothers that came to Stillwater for the games (that we rarely won). 
When we went to Lincoln, we were always shown a great time.

I can only speak for myself when I say I miss the games with you guys. And I miss the old rivalries like ou vs Nebraska (which for decades seemed that the winner of that game went on to play for a national championship. 

Those days have passed, especially for you guys. 

There was even a mention by KSU coach Snyder that a few old Big 12 teams would like to come back. Is that true?

I know you guys miss those days of great football, too. 

So, what do you think?

To the bolded:  we have made a CC appearance in the B1G.  This is nothing more nothing less than we did in the Big 12.  We had dropped off the face of college football elite programs even while we were in the Big 12 as seasons 04' and 07' say hello.  The only reason Snyder wants us back is to kick us in the crotch.  When he returned to KSU, he was still cleaning up the Prince mess and didn't get a chance to stick it to us before we left.  Let's be honest here, we wouldn't be having any more success in the Big 12 right now than we are the B1G.  Chances are your best team just beat the B1G's best team.  Our problems are much deeper than our conference affiliation.

Having said all that, I'm like a few others.  The only reason the Big 12 would be better for me is being a lot closer to the away games.  Other than that, the Big 12 really offers us very little.   

• Plus1 1