** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Didn't we just start getting our full share of big10 money this year?  I could be of on that...

Are people really wondering why Moos would prefer Kelly over Frost??? I love SF and want him to return home but look at Kelly's resume, I mean if you are part of the "we need a proven coach" club - it ain't gonna get any better than Kelly. 46-7 (33-3) in 4 years, 3 top 5 finishes, 2 BCS bowl wins and 4 points away from winning a national title. Now I really don't think were gonna get Kelly, but that would be about as big of a splash hire that you could make.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If fit matters like Moos says it does I don't think Chip Kelly will be our next coach, or even seriously considered. Just my opinion.

I don't think he is either.

I don't think Moos is silly enough to go gunslinger like Eichorst. I also think he's well aware of what's gone on around here the last few years and some of the things that Bounds/Green didn't like about Eichorst.

Last, but certainly not least, I think Moos is very aware that interest in Scott Frost grows by huge numbers daily around here. More and more people want him, talk about him, ask Moos about him, etc.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Are people really wondering why Moos would prefer Kelly over Frost??? I love SF and want him to return home but look at Kelly's resume, I mean if you are part of the "we need a proven coach" club - it ain't gonna get any better than Kelly. 46-7 (33-3) in 4 years, 3 top 5 finishes, 2 BCS bowl wins and 4 points away from winning a national title. Now I really don't think were gonna get Kelly, but that would be about as big of a splash hire that you could make.

I think he would also bring some probation with him. SF all the way.

Moos is not going to screw this hire up, at least I don't personally think he is. If he does, his time here will be short. He was brought in for one reason and one reason only. Fix the football program. He knows the expectations, knows the traditions and is listening to people. The fans do have somewhat of a voice here as our money talks and folks are getting pretty loud about what's going on. Whether the right hire is Chip Kelly, Matt Campbell, Scott Frost, etc. I personally have no idea who is the right answer. The safe bet to me seems to be Scott Frost.

Any "expert" stating that NU doesn't have the money to get the coach they want really isn't an expert and either A. Hates the Huskers or B. Has no idea what the hell they are talking about. 

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, benjibean1 said:

I think he would also bring some probation with him. SF all the way.

Does everyone see NCAA violations and assume Kelly was doing some really shady things at Oregon? This is from ESPN.com:

"Chip Kelly met the NCAA announcement that it had banned him from college football for 18 months with characteristic straightforwardness. He didn't make excuses. He didn't blame someone else, even as the NCAA made clear that Kelly had been unaware that his staff had employed Willie Lyles in a manner not allowed by the NCAA manual."

"As the NCAA made clear, Kelly committed none of the violations himself. His résumé may be smudged, but his hands are clean. Any athletic director who reads the infractions case will be able to go to his president and trustees and make a case for Kelly."

Honestly respect Kelly for the way he handled things at Oregon when this came up - let's not act like hes Rick Pitino.

• Plus1 3
35 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If that's the case, the Foundation has total assets of over $2.3 Billion

Not all of the $2.3 Billion is Athletic Department money.

Annual "profit" is handed to the foundation to manage. I would except the Foundation to collect an annual management fee.   The report said the growth of the main endowment was 12.7% over the last reporting period.  (My portfolio should do so well.) Even minus the management fee I would think the athletic department money would grow.  It would be available for sudden and big expenses.  Like when a chunk of concrete fell off the stadium. No bonds required, no begging the legislature, just get it done.