** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Nate Clouse said he’s been told that Moos could throw a curve ball and go a different direction from Frost.  He has heard that Chip Kelly and Mike Leach will be considered.

3 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Disclaimer: 

Take that with a boulder sized grain of salt, because it is Nate Clouse.

If "Throw s#!t At The Wall And See If It Sticks" were in the dictionary, it'd just be a picture of Nate Clouse. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Nate Clouse said he’s been told that Moos could throw a curve ball and go a different direction from Frost.  He has heard that Chip Kelly and Mike Leach will be considered.

I thought "fit" mattered.

I just can't see Chip/Leach. I've bought into Moos, and I think he's smart enough to know that neither one is a good fit here.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

I'm good with Frost or Kelly. I honestly prefer Frost though. I think he heals a lot of wounds in our fanbase etc 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I just can't see Chip/Leach. I've bought into Moos, and I think he's smart enough to know that neither one is a good fit here.

This.  IMHO, so much success is also derived from finding a coach that knows the "culture" of a program.  Although both are good coaches, I don't think they "fit"......

9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Precisely my feelings.

I don't think Nebraskans as a whole would enjoy, appreciate or find humor in Mike Leach's ridiculousness. I think the state would be slightly more receptive of someone like Kelly but this, to me at least, doesn't seem like the right for him either. Kelly has been a coastal guy since 2007.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Precisely my feelings.

I don't think Nebraskans as a whole would enjoy, appreciate or find humor in Mike Leach's ridiculousness. I think the state would be slightly more receptive of someone like Kelly but this, to me at least, doesn't seem like the right for him either. Kelly has been a coastal guy since 2007.

If he was winning, he can say whatever he wants and people would eat it up. If Diaco had a top 10 defense this year he would be the most entertaining coach weve had in a while and people would love him. But because his defense stinks hes a crazy nutcase. 

For the record, ML would be a terrible fit for Nebraska and the B1G. Moos understands the need to run the ball in this conference. I just cant see him even entertaining ML to Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Good Morning Huskerboard!! Look forward to some good speculation and reported assumptions today.  May we read between the lines and write our own narrative on what will happen today.  

10 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Dear god I can't even read this thread. Is everyone just saying stupid crap to brag about how many useless pages are on this thread? Sure seems that way. Anyone with good information or a logical thought to share ? 

As I've said before, if you don't like this thread there are plenty of other threads for you to peruse.

It is not necessary to drop in just to take pot shots.

• Plus1 3

Leach would be horrible fit. Kelly would probably put a good product on the field but I dont think he would bring stability to the program. He would bolt for a top west coast job or another shot at the league if he gets a chance. Frost can do the same things on offense Kelly can- the difference is he would be committed to Nebraska. And he is a young guy in his early 40's so he could bring stability to the program for the next 20-30 years like osborne did.