** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Got to imagine they get rid of Riley tomorrow, so that they can indeed open the job up and get the process moving. I would say Frost is named head coach Dec 4.

Just now, Kernel Red said:

It is very good if it is quiet. These are not things any AD or HC wants to play out in public (unless they are simply posturing).

Or Florida.

1 minute ago, Vizsla1 said:

I am confident that This will be a nerve-racking week indeed for many Husker fans.  Hold tight and keep your powder dry.  UNL is a public University and will have to interview several candidates to check-off some boxes. Then, After the ACC title game, we will officially announce a new coach.  Bowl game, smowl game...It is important, but not as important as the early recruiting period and hitting the ground running.  Besides,  UCF will have a hard time playing any BCS/Bowl game outside its home state.  They do not travel well, as was shown the last time they played in Tempe a few years ago- they had less than 1,000 fans in the stands.

I wonder if Moos has already met with the agents of the coaches he is considering after Frost so that he knows which ones are a go and which ones are not.  Then after the AAC title game most, if not all of his work will be done?

5 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

The silver lining of MR's horrible tenure is he created a patient fan base. We are so bad now, that we will wait for success, as long as we see improvement. The next coach will have the easiest time at Nebraska since Bob D.

This is an excellent observation and I wholeheartedly agree. Finishing 4-8 this year may be a blessing in disguise for the next HC. It will be a killer schedule in 2018, but 6-6 without any blowouts will actually have to be viewed as an improvement and if it is 7-5 or 8-4... stop the presses.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I agree that the time given needs to be what ever it takes.  He can not be worried about it in any way.  This move for Coach Frost will be either stardom or suicide.  He needs every opportunity to fix this program, and it really hasn't been fixed since shortly after he left.  Wish him nothing but the best if he decides to take this nightmare on.  

The job is no longer a nightmare.

Perlman's retirement helped set all this in motion.  We now have good decision makers in place that are all on the same page.

God Knows I hope you are right Sker!  This has been a miserable 15 years, and it is time for us to all be proud of our team in every aspect.  I have commented on integrity, loyalty in this thread, I think Coach Frost brings that.  

Do you really feel he can turn it around quickly?  

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

This....is....intriguing...Would Moos have already met with the team and informed them of a firing/hiring?

Moos probably wouldn’t do anything like that, out of fear of players leaking info, before NU can make a statement.

Lindsey is probably hearing all the rumors we are and following Frost for the heck of it.  If Frost manages his own Twitter account and follows Lindsey back, then they can DM. 

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

This....is....intriguing...Would Moos have already met with the team and informed them of a firing/hiring?

Well considering Tyjon is a true freshman and had a long offer sheet, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Tyjon has followed Scott since he was at Oregon. I don’t know if he’s been on social media that long but that’s my guess.

1 minute ago, skersfan said:

God Knows I hope you are right Sker!  This has been a miserable 15 years, and it is time for us to all be proud of our team in every aspect.  I have commented on integrity, loyalty in this thread, I think Coach Frost brings that.  

Do you really feel he can turn it around quickly?  

Being as realistic as I can, and I think Frost is the right guy, especially for the long term, but I think it'll take 4 years before we have a real good shot at 11 wins. This is a giant rebuild, that goes from roster overhaul to program culture.