** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Latest on Brohm to TN:

Clay Travis‏Verified account
@ClayTravis
Follow Follow @ClayTravis
More
I am told that UT AD John Currie made an offer to Jeff Brohm that Brohm accepted. Currie then asked the chancellor to approve the offer — buyout included — and chancellor said no. So Currie went back to Brohm with lesser offer and Brohm said no. So here we are.

If true, WTF are they doing down there?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidWCobb/status/935964922281910272

1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I dont know who he is actually, just had to go see volnation and take pity on those guys, they have had a hell of a bad few days.

Yeah, the scary thing is how easily I can see us in their position if Frost had turned us down.  It will be interesting to see how our programs compare when we play them in 10 years.

1 minute ago, huskersrule95 said:

Some of the replies are pretty telling, especially the one about it being reported on TV and then Brohm saying no.  I'm starting to think maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle here as they've pretty much shown that this trainwreck is all on the admins currently.

4 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Yeah, the scary thing is how easily I can see us in their position if Frost had turned us down.  It will be interesting to see how our programs compare when we play them in 10 years.

It feels almost too good to be true at this point for us.  I'm conditioned like a dog to expect the worst whenever there is a glimmer of hope.  But this time does feel much different than before. 

Just now, Redux said:

If that's the case Frost had zero say in getting the job since he was never offered.  So why make snarky comments that could be interpreted as snips at Frost.

I think Foreman is extremely frustrated at what's happened to NU football, as we all are.  I just think that things in Lincoln have been ridiculous for the past number of years since he left, and he's ready for a turnaround.  He could also have doubts if Frost will be the savior that everyone is proclaiming him as, but Foreman is going to support him.

Honestly, I think we all look for snippets of information and quotes from specific people to support their own personal narrative on someone else.  I know I do it at times.

• Plus1 8
23 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

That's a mighty low bar you've got there.
lowbar.gif

Definitely a low bar has been set.  But that shows how poor of a product they've been putting on the field.  So much so, I was pleasantly surprised they were tied with Iowa at halftime.  How many times this year did you think to yourself, "It's 3rd and long maybe we'll stop them this time."  only for the other team to get a first down.  Or our guys running a yard short of the first down on 3rd down and getting stopped; forcing a punt.

This isn't going to be TO taking over a national championship team he helped build as an offensive coordinator.  So next years realistic goal is to compete and stop giving up 50 points a game to the likes of Purdue, Minnesota, and Iowa.  Maybe have someone on the defense come up and hit a player, no false starts after a timeout, no holding penalties when the player isn't on the same side of the field as the ball carrier, etc..  The little detail stuff that might win an extra game or two here and there.

I'll be pleased if they can hang with the big boy ranked teams into the 4th quarter but I would take getting better as the year goes on instead of getting worse.  Basic progress would be nice to see.

• Plus1 1