** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I got the same impression. People seem to be reading way too much into what DB has been saying lately looking for a negative slant against SF that simply isn’t there. What DB has been consistent on is his concern about fans overhyping SF and expecting championships right away. In a way, it feels like everyone is expecting TO v2, and that is unrealistic. DB has said that he believes SF is a good fit but patience is needed.

3 minutes ago, Keith.Wassung said:

Is there ANY member on that expects a championship right away?  That has never been the case. 

Agree. This narrative that Husker fans only expect championships is getting old. I too haven't heard anyone think we're winning championships any time soon. Certainly we hope so, but I believe the vast majority of Husker fans understand where the program is currently. I think he can be our next TO. Maybe not the exact same results, but successful and here for the long haul.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

It sounds like Benning has beef, but he's trying to put it in the backseat so as to not disrupt his broadcast career, piss off listeners, and not get on the bad side of Nebraska's AD office.

If that's the case, good for Benning, and hopefully he can work it out down the road. 

Then he should stop hinting at it and let it go.  He is the one with the problem

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

That has been what people are talking about.  No one knows if Benning has an issue.  He seems to have one.  But doesn't say either way.

Benning doesn't seem to have an issues with Frost.  He has said he keeps in contact with Frost via text message, and last spoke about a year ago.

Foreman has said that he's not friends with Frost.  I don't think it's a big deal either way, because with a football team of over 150 players 20 years ago, I wouldn't expect all of them to be friends.  He may be jealous of Frost's current profession and salary, but Foreman has made plenty of his own money during his NFL days, and runs a foundation in Lincoln.

I think both of them are just a little over the "Scott Frost is the only one who can save Nebraska football" right now.  It might be jealousy, or it might be the fact that Tom Osborne probably told the entire team that there isn't one person that is bigger than the football program.  Now, Nebraska fans are making Scott Frost out to be bigger than the football program.  However, both Benning and Foreman said last week that Frost is probably the best candidate for the Nebraska head coaching job, and they will both support him because they want NU to win.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Herbie Husker said:

Frost is leaving for Nebraska, unsure if an announcement comes Saturday or Sunday.

Danny White is doing behind the scenes work for UCF's next head football coach. Kevin Sumlin is at the top of the list and they're using a search firm.

Chinander is extremely likely to follow Frost to Lincoln.

Press conference for UCF's next coach next week.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

Anybody have access to give details on this story?

UCF has hired a search firm to gauge interest. Sumlin is a name that’s popping up. They are prepared to have a coaching hire in place by next week.

Something their AD should be doing even if Frost ends up staying. But certainly looks and feels like they all know he’s gone.

4 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

UCF has hired a search firm to gauge interest. Sumlin is a name that’s popping up. They are prepared to have a coaching hire in place by next week.

Something their AD should be doing even if Frost ends up staying. But certainly looks and feels like they all know he’s gone.

I mean... obviously they wouldn't be doing that if he had signed the extension with the supposed deadline. Not to mention they would be splashing that news all over the place.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

We have 9-10 months to wait for an actual game.  Better buckle in.  Or maybe we can just enjoy having some positive energy around the program again!  I forgot what that was like.

I'm talking about the coaching announcement, not the first game.

1 hour ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Doesnt sound like a backtrack at all - just more hammering it in on what people are saying he said on the radio.

So... Jay, you may want to start rooting for another team if you are just that bitter.  Cuz it's happening, sweetheart.

Foreman:  Shut Up

Edited by HuskerInLostWages
thanks spellcheck.