Adrian Martinez Injury

29 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Martinez knee is down and #53 can see that and still throws a shot to the ribs... also his knee hit Martinez square in the junk.

He was at a complete standstill at the moment Martinez went down, but he still launched himself in.

2 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

First time i've seen the beginning.  We were eating their lunch until that Bell fumble.  First game jitters got the best of us to put us in a hole, wish we'd have played Akron and I don't think those things happen.

The game looked like it had the makings of a blowout on several occasions, and I think it will be next year.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

OK, so we've seen the Husker equivalent of the Zapruder film (the "secret angle") so now what?

Is this still a thing, or is the Pac-12's non-answer pretty much the end of it?

Talk of this will probably slow considerably after we play another game, especially if AM plays. I suspect the issue will completely die when AM plays again and shows no lingering effects from the injury. Of course it will be brought back up again leading up to our game against sCUm next year.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Talk of this will probably slow considerably after we play another game, especially if AM plays. I suspect the issue will completely die when AM plays again and shows no lingering effects from the injury. Of course it will be brought back up again leading up to our game against sCUm next year.

A message should be sent, regardless of the severity of the outcome, particularly because there was no on-field penalty (late hit or unnecessary roughness). If your daughter was raped, you wouldn’t want prosecution of the perpetrator to depend upon whether it resulted in pregnancy or not. (Analogy). How soon Martinez plays is irrelevant to this being actionable.

14 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

It would just be terrible if something were to happen to montez next year.

While I totally get where you're coming from CU still has to play Washington and Utah who both have hellish defenses.  I'd be more worried about something terrible happening to Montez this year (especially against Utah).