Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

I really hope the Big Ten's plan is better than some of these other schools. The Big XII decided to play, fine. But do they have the protocols in place to actually do it? 

I assumed the protocol would be some version of: cancel when there is an outbreak on the team and the game would risk contagion.

From what I've read, Baylor cannot play because several player who repeatedly tested negative, cannot play because 'contact tracing' indicated they were near someone who tested positive.   

3 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The funny thing is if they had just communicated well during the month after cancelling things it probably never would have gotten so bad publicly and they'd look genius for waiting for science to catch up to playing safe.

I was just saying to someone else: it's not even so much what they did as how they did it. When they first announced that they were going to a conference-only schedule, I was behind that - saying that they needed to have consistent safety protocols in place for all their games was a perfectly reasonable argument.

It's when they announced the new schedule, and then scrapped it just a few days later that things really went off the rails. Even before the press conferences with Frost and Day and such, it was painfully obvious that communication had broken down among the conference's leadership and they weren't all on the same page. That was ugly.

If they had even just announced the postponement without announcing a new schedule first, the perception would have been very different.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, teachercd said:

So do I.

I am sure they all have good plans in place but in the end you are hoping that a bunch of college kids are going to follow those rules.

maybe that's where our fight for the right might pay off.  Everyone who's had to fight for something they wanted tend to respect and appreciate it better.   But maybe not our opponets, but I'm going to try to be hopeful 

Thank you Kevin ?

NOt sure where else to put this, but thought it was a gerat idea.:thumbs

Austin Peay University, is already calling it a season after just three games — and lots of money coming in to get beat up by some bigger schools. According to Saturday Down South, Austin Peay, which actually won 11 games in the FCS in 2019 and reached the league’s quarterfinals in the postseason, decided to axe their fall campaign after getting blown out by Central Arkansas, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati by a collective score of 134-37. But with the FCS looking to have a spring football season this year — which Austin Peay hopes to play in — the team decided it’d go get its a$$ kicked by a couple big boys before taking the fall and winter off, making out with some serious money for the Athletics Department in the process.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, nic said:

NOt sure where else to put this, but thought it was a gerat idea.:thumbs

Austin Peay University, is already calling it a season after just three games — and lots of money coming in to get beat up by some bigger schools. According to Saturday Down South, Austin Peay, which actually won 11 games in the FCS in 2019 and reached the league’s quarterfinals in the postseason, decided to axe their fall campaign after getting blown out by Central Arkansas, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati by a collective score of 134-37. But with the FCS looking to have a spring football season this year — which Austin Peay hopes to play in — the team decided it’d go get its a$$ kicked by a couple big boys before taking the fall and winter off, making out with some serious money for the Athletics Department in the process.

Did they only schedule 3 games or did they cancel remaining games? guessing by what i found they only scheduled 3.  Which makes sense with teams moving into conference play going forward.