2022 Season Opener to take place in Dublin, Ireland

15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I just got back from spending a long Fourth of July in Lincoln and the nearby sandpit lakes, and I could not believe how many people were shooting off $3,000 to $5,000 worth of fireworks on multiple nights. 

And turn around and complain about high gas prices the next day. 

Also, I think folks are forgetting that the last overseas game we played was a catalyst for great things to happen in the program. Great team building opportunity, to say the least. 

• Plus1 3

Listening to Sean Callahan's interview with incoming freshman DB Jalil Martin (what a great sounding kid) on the Husker Online Podcast. He ask him about going Dublin and Jalil was extremely excited to be able to make the trip. Said he has never been out of the country as I'm guessing the majority of the kids haven't and really looking forward to it.

I know a lot of fans are butt hurt about them opening in Dublin but it is fantastic opportunity for the kids and I'm I glad they get to experience it. It will be a trip they will remember the rest of their lives.

• Oh Yeah! 1

3 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

In a country that everyone stereotypes everything being green, Dublin will be a sea of red!

With 9000 tickets sold and assuming that many more locals (?), 18,000 might not be a sea (lake?) but hopefully the red stands out more than the purple scatterings.  Lol.  

• 2 weeks later...