Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Why would you expect any fan base to perceive us as anything other than irrelevant right now?  Their fans are taking the time to comment right now because the open would of Pelini still isn't closed and Nebraska is in the news due to the recent hire.  You want to read some real trash talking, head over to the CU message board.  They are still genuinely pissed about the 90s...    

I honestly think they couldn't care less about Pelini. They don't view Pelini as a "Nebraska guy" - they view him as a former DC who had done well and won a NC there, who was brought back and did terribly.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Right, but we all knew that already.  Only one thing changes that.  Winning football games.

IDK... I've been blasted by several fans for making the statement that our football program is currently irrelevant. There are more fans in denial than you think. The typical response is, "Well if you feel that way maybe you should find a new team to cheer"

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

IDK... I've been blasted by several fans for making the statement that our football program is currently irrelevant. There are more fans in denial than you think. The typical response is, "Well if you feel that way maybe you should find a new team to cheer"

Relevancy is subjective. We’re so irrelevant we get annual news articles about our relevancy. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's possible it is your pessimistic delivery and doomsday outlook.  Just a hunch.

Nebraska fans having hope and being positive is far from being realistic about how we are perceived nationally by other programs.  We have not been good so 99% of the fans I know realize that other programs don't care about us.  That's ok.  We can understand this reality and still be optimistic about the team and the future.  

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 2

48 minutes ago, Frostberg said:

Sorry, this is a totally irrelevant tangent, but this interview set up is cringe. You NEVER frame an interviewee in front a bright a$$ background like that. I don't know which part of the marketing dept. manages videos like this, but this is :bang. Particularly when we know what kind of content another dept. (Husker Vision) is capable of. It looks like he's about two seconds away from being beamed onto a spaceship.

/rant

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Sorry, this is a totally irrelevant tangent, but this interview set up is cringe. You NEVER frame an interviewee in front a bright a$$ background like that. I don't know which part of the marketing dept. manages videos like this, but this is :bang. Particularly when we know what kind of content another dept. (Husker Vision) is capable of. It looks like he's about two seconds away from being beamed onto a spaceship.

/rant

Is that in some box seats in stadium or just a bank of windows? You're correct, but was that the easiest place to conduct the interview?

5 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Is that in some box seats in stadium or just a bank of windows? You're correct, but was that the easiest place to conduct the interview?

That's kind of what it looked like to me, too, but there are dozens of better places to do something like this in or around the stadium that are not very far from the press conference area or AD offices. I'm assuming it's somewhere near where he did his presser and there are several good spots to post up a couple of chairs and do a chat.

And!!!! It's a nine minute video. This was clearly organized and put into Trev's announcement schedule for the day. I just kind of expect better from UNL and the AD. This is something a sophomore journalism student would whip together.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

/rant

8508b71e215a96dbecef38de5ff71c00.gif

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

/rant

My thoughts exactly before a word was spoken. Who does things like this? At least they got the exposure about as good as could be expected on the faces.