*** Official Oklahoma Game Thread ***

Mavric

Nice fought game by Nebraska. Many expected a blow out by Oklahoma. 

As for the firing Frost "fans".. STFU... at least for another week. Theres no need to talk about that trash after this game. Thought Martinez played a great game, except for that last series. Actually saw a bit of progress with the offense.

Now does Nebraska need a special teams and new oline coach. Absolutely. That stuff was and is complete trash. Need something different there.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

After seeing how much people were on here sucking Minnesota and Tanner Morgan's d!(k during that OSU game I'm expecting to come in here and only see positivity. 

There has been a ton of positivity in this thread. But when your special teams implodes yet again, it gets really frustrating and ruins a lot of good will really quick. This team played well enough to win this game but we beat ourselves again. It just feels like there is no end in sight to all this sloppy play. 

I’m dumbfounded by how bad our OL is in all our games, whether it’s Oklahoma or Illinois. Most of these guys seemed like great prospects: Corcoran, Jurgens, and Benhart in particular; and Piper seemed super solid with a lot of strength and awareness.

I know all 5 besides Jurgens are young and most are inexperienced, but their issues go beyond inexperience. They play soft and without intelligence. Being tough and smart is the definition of a good OL. What the hell happened with their development in these two areas?

Also, he may have a Steinkhuler mentality to the idea, but I wonder if the Polar Bear would be open to moving to be a long term OG? We have no good long-term prospects there, and we need a nasty fighter at OG.