How the team responds the next 3 games will likely decide Frost's future.

BoSolich

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Wow! That’s excellent! So Scott needs to humble himself and take responsibility for the current condition of the team and its performance both today and in the future. 
I know I would feel proud if he could get to that point. I just feel sad. We were all so excited to have him here. I’m in the ‘one more year’ camp but only if he can get to the point where he can admit what he’s doing and that sweeping changes in will happen over the summer. 

Thanks for the kind words.

I am with you.  I was so excited when he was hired. We all were. The most unified hire I can remember.  A buddy asked what happens if he fails....Would y'all fire him.  I assured him Frost would not.  It was the native hero returning home.  The prodigal son coming back.  Last NC team etc......I hate it.  Regardless of the 20 million buyout, I feel bad for him. Nobody wanted to turn the program around more than him.  Which brings me to your point about humbling himself.  Maybe his motive to return was purely personal.  Prove how great of a coach "I" am.  Show "I" am an offensive guru.  Show "I" deserved a share of the national title.  Let the football world know "I" brought NU back....If that was the motive, it was a doomed "marriage" from the start.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

That speaks volumes. He wouldn’t risk his access if he didn’t see the writing on the wall. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Forgive me, I didn’t mean to exclude anyone:)

what would that accountability look like? Would it be something along the lines of benching ANY player that failed to perform? What else?

Ha, I was just butting in, you didn't exclude anyone.   I was thinking Frost taking accountability himself for this mess. Not shifting blame onto 20 year olds.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, lo country said:

Thanks for the kind words.

I am with you.  I was so excited when he was hired. We all were. The most unified hire I can remember.  A buddy asked what happens if he fails....Would y'all fire him.  I assured him Frost would not.  It was the native hero returning home.  The prodigal son coming back.  Last NC team etc......I hate it.  Regardless of the 20 million buyout, I feel bad for him. Nobody wanted to turn the program around more than him.  Which brings me to your point about humbling himself.  Maybe his motive to return was purely personal.  Prove how great of a coach "I" am.  Show "I" am an offensive guru.  Show "I" deserved a share of the national title.  Let the football world know "I" brought NU back....If that was the motive, it was a doomed "marriage" from the start.

Yeah. There’s no ‘I’ in TEAM:(

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

Just curious, and I’m asking you because you give good answers, but what, if anything, could Scott have said after this game that would make any difference? What would you as a fan like to have heard from him?

I know you didn't ask me specifically, but this is what I want to hear:

'I want to apologize to the fans of Husker football for the result of today's game. It in no way represents me, my staff, or the players, and we are committed to playing more focused and with passion from here on out. Nebraska fans have been awesome and consistently passionate since long before I was even born, and you all deserve better than what we showed today.

We as a staff have to do better. We had a bye week, people got healthy, but we didn't do a good enough job getting them prepared for Purdue. Going forward, I we're going to focus on the running game, because as soon as our running attack fell apart, so did our offense. I think I put Adrian in a bad position several times. The offensive line plays hard; they do the best they can, but I can't keep putting pressure on them like that, trying to protect Adrian down after down without establishing a running game with effective play action. Our whole running game needs an overhaul, really, from a scheme standpoint. Maybe we try some more drive blocking instead of outside zone that didn't work once, but I insisted on calling it over and over. That's on me. I need to put these guys in a position to be successful, and I didn't do that very well. 

At the end of the day, the buck stops with me. I'm going to get the staff and team together, and we're going to figure this thing out. Even if it means changing schemes, positions, whatever. I know what needs fixed, and we're going to address these issues head on as Ohio State comes to town.'

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I know you didn't ask me specifically, but this is what I want to hear:

'I want to apologize to the fans of Husker football for the result of today's game. It in no way represents me, my staff, or the players, and we are committed to playing more focused and with passion from here on out. Nebraska fans have been awesome and consistently passionate since long before I was even born, and you all deserve better than what we showed today.

We as a staff have to do better. We had a bye week, people got healthy, but we didn't do a good enough job getting them prepared for Purdue. Going forward, I we're going to focus on the running game, because as soon as our running attack fell apart, so did our offense. I think I put Adrian in a bad position several times. The offensive line plays hard; they do the best they can, but I can't keep putting pressure on them like that, trying to protect Adrian down after down without establishing a running game with effective play action. Our whole running game needs an overhaul, really, from a scheme standpoint. Maybe we try some more drive blocking instead of outside zone that didn't work once, but I insisted on calling it over and over. That's on me. I need to put these guys in a position to be successful, and I didn't do that very well. 

At the end of the day, the buck stops with me. I'm going to get the staff and team together, and we're going to figure this thing out. Even if it means changing schemes, positions, whatever. I know what needs fixed, and we're going to address these issues head on as Ohio State comes to town.'

That’s so encouraging! Why couldn’t he just admit he blew it today? We all make mistakes. I know my respect for a person increases when they are genuine. It’s so sad!

• Plus1 1

This thread is redundant…we already know how the team is going to respond. If after two weeks of preparation, they could not beat Purdue at HOME in front of a supportive fan base, we are expecting this team to beat Ohio state, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Sure, dream on. Frost has no answers and he cannot come up with a game plan. His game plan is trial and error and most of the time we end up with error. They always say that the team takes on the character of their coach. Well, based on how these guys are playing, it shows that Frost has no idea what he is doing. His stubbornness to keep Adrian in the game after 4 INT tells you that he will not make any changes to coaching staff because he simply does not believe that anyone is at fault. In his head, it is kids not executing the plays correctly. After 4 years if you do not think you are doing something wrong when you managed to lose more close games than any other football team in the nation then you are delusional and should not be a HC. We all wanted Frost to succeed and we all were patient. Keeping the attendance record alive through four losing seasons is the proof that this team has had our support. Frost failed…no hard feelings…thank you for trying but let us turn the page and move on from this never-ending nightmare that repeats itself week in week out.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

100%. Sip can be thought of at as an extension of the athletic department, for the most part.

If he's finally churning out critical articles it means the end is nigh.

He is the master of positive spin. Guessing he got the green light from the athletic department to get critical. 

• Plus1 1