Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

14 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I like how ADs can spin anything to sound like we have a diamond when they don’t have the cash to get an actual jewel. 

We might not have the cash and I don’t know if we have the attraction right now either. From the outside looking in this is a program that hasnt been to a bowl game in 5 years and is at the bottom of the Big Ten West with other Big Ten West programs on the rise.

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

We might not have the cash and I don’t know if we have the attraction right now either. From the outside looking in this is a program that hasnt been to a bowl game in 5 years and is at the bottom of the Big Ten West with other Big Ten West programs on the rise.

Come on man, this decision sounds like a desperate wife who is willing to give her husband a fifth chance after he cheated on her four times because she is afraid she is not attractive enough to get a husband she deserves. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

The disappointing thing about this early announcement is that it was done before the season was even over. What happens if we go to Wisconsin and get our A$$es handed to us? What if Iowa salvages their season by ripping us a new one? How would everyone feel at that point. Trev and Frost are assuming that we will get momentum in our last two games that will carry over to next season. We have not seen this yet this season. Let us hope we actually win our last two games. As it stands, It will be a very long offseason and will become even longer if we lay a goose egg in our final two games. I do not know what exactly Trev accomplished by making this announcement this early! And please do not say recruiting….

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Enhance said:

Husker fans have a long history of being super sensitive.  I like Colin Cowherd a lot, and it's just how many ppl think outside of nebraska. 

By the way, glad we are keeping Frost and making a lot of changes on offense (staff).

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

The disappointing thing about this early announcement is that it was done before the season was even over. What happens if we go to Wisconsin and get our A$$es handed to us? What if Iowa salvages their season by ripping us a new one? How would everyone feel at that point. Trev and Frost are assuming that we will get momentum in our last two games that will carry over to next season. We have not seen this yet this season. Let us hope we actually win our last two games. As it stands, It will be a very long offseason and will become even longer if we lay a goose egg in our final two games. I do not know what exactly Trev accomplished by making this announcement this early! And please do not say recruiting….

Is it even possible that a 7-2 team can salvage their season by destroying a 3 win team?  

You are also assuming two points that are on shaky ground.  The first is the notion that Trev and Frost are in sync with the direction of the program.  Trev made a strategic move today that supported self-preservation in his current job and was less than supportive of Frost.  Second, Trev all but affirmed the notion that these staff changes will not in any way alter the course of the program.  That means that he has no expectation of momentum from this point forward (last 2 games included).  

This Head Coach is on borrowed time...

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Is it even possible that a 7-2 team can salvage their season by destroying a 3 win team?  

You are also assuming two points that are on shaky ground.  The first is the notion that Trev and Frost are in sync with the direction of the program.  Trev made a strategic move today that supported self-preservation in his current job and was less than supportive of Frost.  Second, Trev all but affirmed the notion that these staff changes will not in any way alter the course of the program.  That means that he has no expectation of momentum from this point forward (last 2 games included).  

This Head Coach is on borrowed time...

Likely.

18 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I’m not saying hire the man, I want the best coach for the job, but any chance Turned Gill would make a return?

He's got it made at his little cult real estate slush fund evangelical degree mill.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot he retired and Hugh Freeze took over.

Here are a few things I found interesting from today.

These two comments from Trev-

1. “But I want to first say, that Scott and I both understand that our results are not what they need to be. Nobody is suggesting that where we stand is comfortable and/or acceptable long term. But I also think in just observing and watching some things that are very, very important to me in terms of the unity of the players, the work ethic, the togetherness, those things are there. I talk about incremental progress and I've seen that in some key areas."

2. "I don't believe it's the athletic director's role to tell a coach, 'You need to fire this coach and hire that coach.' I like to ask questions. Most of it was fairly self-evident to Scott. I think he knew that certain changes had to be made. But this was Scott's plan. This is Scott's plan that he brought to me. The way these things work is that Scott brings plans to me, I bring plans to my bosses, and ultimately you try to gain some consensus. I believe in the plan that he's presented and I'm looking forward to working really hard with him and seeing if we can execute it at a high level and be successful."

The last few minutes of this video from Sam McKewon: 4:40 on was very interesting 

Sam says “I think this job, the Nebraska job would have been pretty attractive in this cycle. There is a sense that I got over the past week or so, that things were going to be more palatable, in terms of a candidate perspective, than… maybe some people think. I think this job is probably better than a lot of people think it is.” You’ll have to listen to the rest on your own. It gets… interesting.

The final thing is that on today’s “B1G Today” Dave Resvine, Howard Griffith and Nichole Auerbach talk about how Nebraska is a much better team than their record. Dave calls the Huskers defense “Elite”, and Howard says “those who think this team is bad aren’t watching the games.” 16:30 in they talk about OSU vs. Nebraska. 18:30 they shift to talking strictly Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1