Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We should have had a base salary of $1. Incentive wise give him $750k for each win. BeT oN yOuRsElF lol 

I think Harbaugh went from 7M to 4M base with 3 to 4 million in bonuses tied to championships. The buyout starts at 4M this year and goes down from there. The contract was for 4 years. So somewhat performance based. Still 4M guaranteed though.

His overhaul of the staff last year was extensive and positive so far, with the exception of one issue against State with substitutions on D that cost them the game.:bang The new DC was not used to that facet of the college game.

1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

Ironic Pat Forde writing about a progrum dying into mediocrity when said s#!t journalist is stuck working for a sinking ship that will probably be gone in 5 years in sports illustrated.  what a perfect marriage

Hahah I came here to say the same thing. 

I guess he should be ahead of the curve on this, as his alma mater cut ties with their former player turned coach, and look at where they are now! 

I fell for his trick, I clicked the link and gave a click to his page. I read the headline and exited out. However, this article should be plastered all about Memorial stadium and within the locker room, within the weight room, within the coaches office. It should be everywhere. Time to prove the haters and doubters wrong and if you need any more fuel, this certainly can add to it.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BoSolich said:

trev essentially committed to 1 more year of frost unless he makes a bowl game.

what assistants and recruits are coming here knowing frost has 1 final year to win?

you either got to let him go or commit to him long term. committing to 1 more year is a horrible idea.

not to mention you are probably going to see players transfer to a more stable program after this year.

the next coach will be taking over a disastrous situation if frost doesn't win next year.

I disagree.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The quote is BS because it implies that there is a significant number of fans that are perfectly fine with losing because they are happy Frost is our coach and they don't want another coach, even though they know that coach will win more.

That's just wrong. Fans want to win.  Frost is still here and people are supporting him because they believe he can still be the HC that wins a lot more with the changes that he is making.

That's a significant difference.

Frosts support hinges entirely on his stature as a former player.

Even the AD has admitted as much. He said it won't work. Said Frost is family. Said he's a Nebraskan.

Fans supported this move for exactly the reasons our own Athletic Director stated. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Frosts support hinges entirely on his stature as a former player.

Even the AD has admitted as much. He said it won't work. Said Frost is family. Said he's a Nebraskan.

Fans supported this move for exactly the reasons our own Athletic Director stated. 

Fans are not supporting Frost because they are happy he's a former player and totally fine with the record.  

This agenda is flat out wrong.

There are two groups of thought.

A). We need a new coach to win more.

B). Frost can win more with changes to the program.

Neither of those groups want to win more than the other.  It's just that Trev had two options to get to more wins.  He chose Frost with changes.  You can disagree with that decision.  But, that doesn't mean people who support it don't want to win.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Fans are not supporting Frost because they are happy he's a former player and totally fine with the record.  

This agenda is flat out wrong.

There are two groups of thought.

A). We need a new coach to win more.

B). Frost can win more with changes to the program.

Neither of those groups want to win more than the other.  It's just that Trev had two options to get to more wins.  He chose Frost with changes.  You can disagree with that decision.  But, that doesn't mean people who support it don't want to win.

I highly disagree. Fans, particularly older fans, long for the glory of the 90s and struggle to conceive of a scenario where an outsider comes in to replace the native son.

If fans wanted to win, they wouldn't talk themselves into supporting the retention of a coach who has more losing seasons in his 4 seasons as the previous 46. A coach who's won fewer games than any other B1G West team in his 4 years. But let's be honest: Frost is here ONLY because he played here in the 90s. No outside coach would have anything close to this. Nor would they deserve it. 

But hey, it's better for a 90s guy to lower this program to the level of Illinois (who's beaten Nebraska two straight years) than for a non-Nebraskan to win games. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 5