Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

12 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Andy Ludwig at Utah is an interesting name.  If you haven't watched Utah, they are pretty fun.  Uber physical and just beat the pi$$ out of you.

• Plus1 1

I have a feeling Peetz will be the OC. Not gonna try and convince you guys he is having a insanely good season this season. Been rough for LSU. He's taking lumps as a first time OC, and also being on a staff fired after 4-3 start probably has him in a weird place as well. LSU's oline has been pretty awful like ours, so OL hire would be important if we bring in Peetz. He comes from a strong coaching tree with McVey, Saban, Joe Brady. I think he will bring an aspect we have been missing, his big thing when he came to LSU was create an offense around the personnel and not the other way around. I think we have been deadset on forcing Frosts vision on the players we hav. Getting someone that can sit down with Frost - get to know the personnel - and develop something that will work for the guys we have in place. Certainly would be a high risk/high reward type hire - but next season is a gamble all the way around, might as well let it ride. 

I would be concerned like others about Ahman Green's lack of experience, but if we do land an elite experienced OC they will be able to help along less experienced position coaches. The biggest positive to Green would be that we could maybe start to bring in some of these kids from the metro that we are losing out on every year. I get that some of them just dont want to come here no matter what, but Green should carry some weight around that area. Plus Brown is just around helping anyway right so he would be there to help bring Ahman along. 

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You really think the baggage he left the raiders with is what we need in our program right now?

The problem is some people can't or won't see the baggage you're describing, sadly. 

5 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I would be concerned like others about Ahman Green's lack of experience, but if we do land an elite experienced OC they will be able to help along less experienced position coaches. The biggest positive to Green would be that we could maybe start to bring in some of these kids from the metro that we are losing out on every year. I get that some of them just dont want to come here no matter what, but Green should carry some weight around that area.

The problem is there's more than enough work for experienced coaches to handle--adding on the responsibilities of bringing on Ahman Green and getting him up to speed is something the coaches don't have bandwidth for at this point. *Maybe* when we get on the right side of .500 after a season or two and we're competing for the B1G West, *then* we can have this discussion. But not now.

• Plus1 4

5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I have a feeling Peetz will be the OC. Not gonna try and convince you guys he is having a insanely good season this season. Been rough for LSU. He's taking lumps as a first time OC, and also being on a staff fired after 4-3 start probably has him in a weird place as well. LSU's oline has been pretty awful like ours, so OL hire would be important if we bring in Peetz. He comes from a strong coaching tree with McVey, Saban, Joe Brady. I think he will bring an aspect we have been missing, his big thing when he came to LSU was create an offense around the personnel and not the other way around. I think we have been deadset on forcing Frosts vision on the players we hav. Getting someone that can sit down with Frost - get to know the personnel - and develop something that will work for the guys we have in place. Certainly would be a high risk/high reward type hire - but next season is a gamble all the way around, might as well let it ride. 

Why make this move to hire an unexperienced OC to learn on the job? Not a fan of this move at all, and if I'm Frost I want a proven commodity to save my a**. Just saying. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
9 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I would be concerned like others about Ahman Green's lack of experience, but if we do land an elite experienced OC they will be able to help along less experienced position coaches. The biggest positive to Green would be that we could maybe start to bring in some of these kids from the metro that we are losing out on every year. I get that some of them just dont want to come here no matter what, but Green should carry some weight around that area. Plus Brown is just around helping anyway right so he would be there to help bring Ahman along. 

Why not just hire Damon Benning then? 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Why make this move to hire an unexperienced OC to learn on the job? Not a fan of this move at all, and if I'm Frost I want a proven commodity to save my a**. Just saying. 

I agree completely. You want a seasoned OC. Perfect world would be someone like Tom Herman with something to prove. Maybe he is only here for a year or 2 before jumping ship to be a HC again. Well worth it as that would mean he fixed it and Frost could find another one. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Herman - knows the Big 10, Knows Texas recruiting.  He's made some mistakes in Texas, but we need someone who can take charge of that side of the ball like Chin has on D.  It could be a stepping stone back into being a HC again.  However, if Frost 'failed' then it means that the O side failed again and that will be on the OC as much as Frost. 

21 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That would be real deflating if they pivot to someone like Peetz at this time. 

• Plus1 2