Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

...and I don't think any realistic person is expecting that. However, the West isn't that difficult to win, and there's absolutely no reason why we can't be on the level of a Wisconsin or Iowa. 

Urban Meyer will be in town next weekend... coincidence?

Even if Urban Meyer coached 5 years here id take 5 good ones over 15 or so bad ones (seasons).  

• Plus1 1

UNL and the fans have a very high opinion of themselves ( to justify not going after Urban Meyer) that is not translating into a relevant program any longer. Can't serve beer because of their image.  Can't fire a coach because of their image.  Can't hire certain coaches because of their image. And on it goes... We are not relevant anymore, unless one is scheduling a homecoming game.  I think that would be a mistake to over look him.  If you want to be relevant be bold. Swing large and have a stretch goal.  'Redemption in the Heartland' would make a nice title for the mrs and I to watch on the Oxygen/Hallmark Channel in 10 years.

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

...and I don't think any realistic person is expecting that. However, the West isn't that difficult to win, and there's absolutely no reason why we can't be on the level of a Wisconsin or Iowa. 

Urban Meyer will be in town next weekend... coincidence? I'm glad he'll get to see our talent and new facilities firsthand. It's not like this is going to require a drastic rebuild -- we have talent. 

I see the "we have the talent" argument over and over.  I don't necessarily disagree.  But I don't think we actually retain the talent.

Under Frost, he's brought in talent and then I'd argue 75-90% of that talent doesn't play or goes AWOL.  Something is seriously wrong with his roster management.  In year 5, how are we playing Colin Feist, Wyatt Leiwer, Chris Kolarevic, Brody Belt...how?  It's unacceptable.  Absolutely unacceptable. You cannot win without the race horses.  Where are they? Why did Frost continously force out talent season after season?  Something tells me he is a divisive personality.  He brings in talent, talks them up, then they go awol or leave.

So I agree...but I think I would amend it as Nebraska can pull in the talent.  Yes, they can.  Most coaches who will coach there can.  But who can retain it and develop it?  And actually play the guys they invested time into?

• Plus1 3

Chris Klieman

We’ve hired hot commodities. We’ve hired offensive & defensive “masterminds”. It’s time to place an emphasis on fundamentally sound football and player development. It’s time to hire a proven winner that doesn’t rely on top talent. Delivering an aggressive middle finger towards K State would be kewl too. 

• Plus1 4

Just now, gorp512 said:

Urban has never, ever left a place on good terms. He's also won everywhere he has been. 

He needs to be the first call, even if he declines. This idea that Trev Alberts is a beacon of righteousness and all that is pure is absurd. 

And if he is interested then you tell him there are no limits on how much money is in the pot for his coaches he wants or needs to bring on. Also even though he left Utah after 2 years I never heard anything bad about his time there. 

9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

And if he is interested then you tell him there are no limits on how much money is in the pot for his coaches he wants or needs to bring on. Also even though he left Utah after 2 years I never heard anything bad about his time there. 

He kinda lied his way out the door, iirc. 

• Plus1 1

1. Mullen- Offensive guru and can win. Good SEC ties for recruiting.

2. Harsin- steady developer and will be looking for a new home.

3. Matt Campbell- steady developer but can't recruit. Could be Riley 2.0.

4. O'Brien- doesnt seem to be as competent as the others.

Urbs aint coming, Aranda is going to Auburn, and Fickell- I'm meh on him.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

He can’t wait that long wt the early signing period. That would be suicidal   To prove our commitment to excellence it has to be Oct 2 or before 

I agree.   He needs to fire Frost the first day of the reduced buyout and have a new hire announced prior to the early signing period.   

• Plus1 2

Right now this is all academic.

We've got to realize the rest of this season is gonna be a sh*t sandwich, everybody's getting a bite.

Speculating over who's going to be the interim HC, is like rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

If they weren't investigating options for Frost's replacement, they better be doin' it now...

36 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Chris Klieman

We’ve hired hot commodities. We’ve hired offensive & defensive “masterminds”. It’s time to place an emphasis on fundamentally sound football and player development. It’s time to hire a proven winner that doesn’t rely on top talent. Delivering an aggressive middle finger towards K State would be kewl too. 

image.png.f53a47291f7616d2d946f301ba965af2.png

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, walksalone said:

Right now this is all academic.

We've got to realize the rest of this season is gonna be a sh*t sandwich, everybody's getting a bite.

Speculating over who's going to be the interim HC, is like rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

If they weren't investigating options for Frost's replacement, they better be doin' it now...

While this 2022 team is beyond salvage, it is not all just academic. No, we will not taste any modicum of success this year no matter who wears the headsets, but to continue to let those who drove us to this low to continue to wear them would speak volumes about us not caring. We are hopeless to change the outcome of the season at this point, but we have the power to show we do not accept it, and that is by severing the top level people who landed us here. Frost and Chins hit the door, Whip takes over.. Pray Riaola knows how to scheme a basic D and tell the boys to get after it.. Something along those lines. Leave the genius' at the top to their piles of cash but waste no time showing the world that we are not complacent as a program. 

• Fire 1