Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, M.A. said:

No doubt! I do believe whatever the outcome that a strong push has been made for Mark Stoops. Dave Doeren makes a lot of sense. He wouldn’t be among my top preferences. It seems very plausible.

Mark Stoops? I didn't hear that!! That's good we are going after him. Good coach and good connections. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

Mark Stoops? I didn't hear that!! That's good we are going after him. Good coach and good connections. 

Gotta make them say no. See how it plays out. If they’re talking there’s a chance. Even it’s a small one. 

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, lo country said:

Prior to being the HC, neither would Dabo's......That's the thing with hiring a new HC.  You find a diamond in the rough and you get Dabo.  Or TO.  You hire the "next star" and you might get Frost. 

The way I see it is that he could end up being either Solich or Frost. I’m not sure NU is in a position where they can afford to roll the dice on another hire. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'll never understand why a good coach or player goes to a school like this, unless the education is the main goal and football is secondary (for the player).

Listen to what Lane Kiffen has been saying about fan support and facilities. Everything he's wanting is in Lincoln 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'll never understand why a good coach or player goes to a school like this, unless the education is the main goal and football is secondary (for the player).

I've wondered the same thing about them for years, but then I remember Iowa somehow manages to attract recruits each year... and I begin to realize that life truly makes no sense.

I'm kinda bummed out about Stanford TBH. I like David Shaw quite a bit but they've been in a rough spot since 2019. His results have regressed in the last few years, too. After going to three Rose Bowls and a Fiesta in his first five years, they've only been bowl eligible now 3 of the last 7 years (including the weird COVID year) and haven't made a bowl since 2018.

Even if you’re not a fan of Bo, it is absurd to compare him with Mickey in terms of qualifications. Bo had at least proven that he could coach defense at a high level. He was the DC at NU, OU, and LSU before getting hired as NU’s HC. Mickey’s resume isn’t anything like that.

16 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Even if you’re not a fan of Bo, it is absurd to compare him with Mickey in terms of qualifications. Bo had at least proven that he could coach defense at a high level. He was the DC at NU, OU, and LSU before getting hired as NU’s HC. Mickey’s resume isn’t anything like that.

image.jpeg.65c2604aa3adcb2fcf17eefb6fc44990.jpeg

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 4