Who should our next HC be?

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

There’s really nothing to be gained here. It was an off the cuff comment somebody made in the game thread. The type of “cute” comments you get in there when people are pissed at a specific coach or player. Nobody actually wants a GA for OC, itt was just displeasure at what Whipple was doing.

But you're not knapplc, or are you? I'm dying to hear who these people are who think Chinander is better than Busch.... and who want a grad assistant to take over, not the ten guys already on staff who could call plays better than that fraud Whipple.

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

But you're not knapplc, or are you? I'm dying to hear who these people are who think Chinander is better than Busch.... and who want a grad assistant to take over, not the ten guys already on staff who could call plays better than that fraud Whipple.

Whatever. I’m sure you’ll make meaningful headway.

• Plus1 1

Just because we change coaches, that will not fix this team and its issues right away.  We are deficient in talent, we are lacking depth, we are lacking fundamentals, and we are lacking strength and conditioning. So all I am saying is this team needs alot, this program needs alot of things to be successful in the future.  We need the coach and staff to bring in some swagger, teach fundamentals, and get back our strength and conditioning.  Not to mention, we have got to get better recruits, and build them into great players.  In other words the coach that is hired has a tough job to do and its not going to be easy for the first two years.  We need to build our lines from the portal and recruit better players to skill positions.  Today, I watched a WR not leave it all on the field, and that was the story of this whole team this season.  No matter who was or is coaching this team, these players don't all sell out on each and every play for themselves or there teammates.  That WR who didnt get it done today, is our best player.  When your best player is not willing to leave it all on the field, the rest of your team will not either.  He can go back to LSU. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hey bro, remember back in 2013 when I said we were going to lose to Minnesota and that we were dangerously close to a downward spiral and you said, "We aren't gonna lose to f'n Minnesota." Good times :cheers

I'm gonna talk to you for a while about Sanders. I don't think his recruiting prowess is apples to apples. He recruited a 5 star DB telling him that he could "play for his people" and still get to the NFL because of the expertise that Sanders could offer him. I believe that is true,...could happen.. but it doesn't translate to the bigger picture of managing a P5 team. Add to that Nebraska is probably the last location on Sander's mind and I think he's an unlikely hire.
Calhoun over Monken? Okay....same difference. Both are a move back to what Nebraska fans like. Can they still have a good passing game? Absolutely. Probably better than this sadsack hit and miss thing we've been seeing. How many pro quarterbacks have we recruited since we left the run first game? Let's see....um, zero.

• Haha 1

What a dumpster fire this thread is on game days...lol.  decent game plan today.   Boys played hard early.   Then we got out coached.  Pretty simple really.   MJ isn't ready for this job but he sure seems like a great guy who could be an asset to the next coach.   Hope it works out for him to stay. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

What a dumpster fire this thread is on game days...lol.  decent game plan today.   Boys played hard early.   Then we got out coached.  Pretty simple really.   MJ isn't ready for this job but he sure seems like a great guy who could be an asset to the next coach.   Hope it works out for him to stay. 

Agree on dumpster fire.

I have such a hard time with people not realizing what has happened in just a few weeks.  The D played good enough to win.  Two back up QBs with a terrible O line nearly pulled it off.

The offense literally did nothing for 3 quarters.  The play of the defense today was pretty remarkable.

Im on the fence about Mickey, but I’m impressed with what he has done.

• Plus1 3
Just now, Hilltop said:

I think that's why I tend to lean towards Aranda being my choice (of those that are realistic options) for HC.  That seems to be the most likely path to keep Mickey (as WR coach) and Busch (in some capacity) because those two seem to be our best recruiters and are also very good assistants.  Possibly Applewhite as well - although I don't think they have ever coached together but the LSU/Texas connections might give him an in.  Recruit the 500 mile radius plus Texas and Louisiana and we should be able to find some guys.

Aranda doesn't have as much HC experience as I would like but three years as a B1G DC then four years as an SEC DC and now three years as a P5 HC is a pretty solid resume.  

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

I really don't see the talent issue that some people are seeing. We have some holes in the roster but all of the teams we have lost to do also and definitely every team in the west does big time.  Pretty much everyone we have played I felt like we at least as much talent if not more. A good coach with this exact roster should be able to win the west this year or at lest be very very close 

• TBH 3
2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I really don't see the talent issue that some people are seeing. We have some holes in the roster but all of the teams we have lost to do also and definitely every team in the west does big time.  Pretty much everyone we have played I felt like we at least as much talent if not more. A good coach with this exact roster should be able to win the west this year or at lest be very very close 

The only holes on a team that you can not scheme around are o line holes. We have the worst in the P5 and that’s not an exaggeration. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I mean ... you can always have more talent.

But I tend to agree for the most part.  I don't think we're as far off as many like to claim.  A healthy Teddy and one more OT would make a TON of difference.  Plus probably one more legit CB and we'd be in pretty good shape.

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I think that's why I tend to lean towards Aranda being my choice (of those that are realistic options) for HC.  That seems to be the most likely path to keep Mickey (as WR coach) and Busch (in some capacity) because those two seem to be our best recruiters and are also very good assistants.  Possibly Applewhite as well - although I don't think they have ever coached together but the LSU/Texas connections might give him an in.  Recruit the 500 mile radius plus Texas and Louisiana and we should be able to find some guys.

Aranda doesn't have as much HC experience as I would like but three years as a B1G DC then four years as an SEC DC and now three years as a P5 HC is a pretty solid resume.  

This is me exactly and my thinking, wow :hellloooo:hellloooo

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, Husker03 said:

The only holes on a team that you can not scheme around are o line holes. We have the worst in the P5 and that’s not an exaggeration. 

I disagree that you cant do anything about it and we are getting beat by teams that don't have amazing olines. Minnesota's oline looked like nothing special today at all. Northwestern's oline was bad and they figured out a way to just get the ball out quicker. 

Just now, Mavric said:

I mean ... you can always have more talent.

But I tend to agree for the most part.  I don't think we're as far off as many like to claim.  A healthy Teddy and one more OT would make a TON of difference.  Plus probably one more legit CB and we'd be in pretty good shape.

The defense def and oline could use a little boost and more talent would mean we are beating these teams easily but I just dont think talent is the first issue right now. There are def a lot of other teams in the B1G and around the country that are already bowling with less than what we have. I dont want to keep mentioning Leipold too much but he is beating a ranked team right now to get bowl eligible and there is no way you can say they have more talent than us or really most p5 teams if we are being honest.