** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Maybe it is the Lord’s work to bring humility to Deion  this weekend?? Just saying 

Maybe it’s his will. But changing the narrative at this point will not be received the same. People made the task impossible and now you have to hear him gloat and it sounds even louder

Deion and Shedeur talking about not liking Nebraska...fools you've been at Colorado for like 7 months, what are you talking about? lmao

But regarding Rhule's comments...he's right. Think about one place Deion has gone football-wise and hasn't had success. That's not random. He was an all-time player and he appears to be an excellent coach. He's doing things his way and we're doing things our way. There is no single path to success. 

The narratives on this game are wild. It should be an entertaining watch on Saturday.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, LostMyPassword said:

Deion and Shedeur talking about not liking Nebraska...fools you've been at Colorado for like 7 months, what are you talking about? lmao

But regarding Rhule's comments...he's right. Think about one place Deion has gone football-wise and hasn't had success. That's not random. He was an all-time player and he appears to be an excellent coach. He's doing things his way and we're doing things our way. There is no single path to success. 

The narratives on this game are wild. It should be an entertaining watch on Saturday.

I think they’re anything but fools. This is exactly what people want to hear.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
12 hours ago, Hilltop said:

This is complete BS and the real problem with so many people's arguments. 

Do you really think any team had access to their QB?  I'm sure the coaches' son was willing to hear offers to play for someone other than his rich father who is making sure the kid has anything and everything.  SMH...  How about Hunter?  Alabama, Georgia, and all the other top programs wanted Hunter but he wanted to play for Sanders and even turned down 7 figure offers to do so.  He is being well taken care of, obviously.  Everyone, and especially Rhule, did not have access to the two key people making CU look good right now.  Without those 2 players, CU gets blown out by TCU and would look like everyone expected- not good.

As far as the season being lost if we lose, that is also ridiculous.  Even if we lose next week I am guessing 99% of us will still predict this being Rhule's best first year as a coach.  2-10 and 1-11, are the two previous first year records by our current coach. 

I completely get the disappointment but the temper tantrum overreactions are out of line imo.               

I really hope that you are one of the very few fans with this defeated opinion. If you already settled with the 2-10 or 1-11 record for the first year and that is your expectation then you are not a true fan. No matter what, I always want my team to win and I want my coach to do everything possible to win. Anything else is complete and utter BS as you stated in the opening of your defeated rant. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

There wasn’t a better college quarterback, than Shadeur Sanders, this weekend. He was a couple of dropped passes from 600 yards, against what has been touted as the best secondary in the Big XII. Add to that 4 different 100 yard receivers and a couple of dynamic running backs (maybe 3) and that may be a top 10 college offensive team. I agree, the defense will keep some games in a ‘last serve’ mode (like USC) but Lordy, what dynamic play makers. Another big factor, their poise, having come back 3 times to retake the lead in a hostile environment like TCU. I think they have potential to win 9 games, excluding Utah, OSU, and maybe Oregon. There kicker is a detriment on kickoffs, think he only had one unreturnable kick

• Plus1 1

Here’s my dream: 

When it’s all said and done… 

Colorado barely beat a bad TCU team giving them a false sense of confidence. 

Nebraska lost to a really good MN team. 

We go into Boulder and wipe that smug smile off of Prime’s face. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
24 minutes ago, M.A. said:

There was a couple option plays I believe. At least one anyway.

Wildcat and Unbalanced Single Wing!!! :horns2

Wildcat to who? Or is it whom. Lol 

I don’t watch the specifics of formation, but on the first play of our offense series we had 6 OL- both centers were in.  Is that the “stand your ground” formation?  Im thinking it was because we were pinned at the one.  

27 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Wildcat to who? Or is it whom. Lol 

I don’t watch the specifics of formation, but on the first play of our offense series we had 6 OL- both centers were in.  Is that the “stand your ground” formation?  Im thinking it was because we were pinned at the one.  

Don't remember that referred to as "stand your ground".

In some discussion of the Wildcat before, not having the personnel was mentioned. Silly commentary on my part considering all the madness associated with the game.  It'll be interesting to see what Rhule and Satterfield cook up.

I'm thinking (who) is the correct usage. :) 

10 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I really hope that you are one of the very few fans with this defeated opinion. If you already settled with the 2-10 or 1-11 record for the first year and that is your expectation then you are not a true fan. No matter what, I always want my team to win and I want my coach to do everything possible to win. Anything else is complete and utter BS as you stated in the opening of your defeated rant. 

Lol, what?  How is me predicting this will be Rhule's best first year having a defeated opinion.  Where did I say I was settled with 2-10 or 1-11??  Go back and read my post again.  

Here is what I said- "As far as the season being lost if we lose, that is also ridiculous.  Even if we lose next week I am guessing 99% of us will still predict this being Rhule's best first year as a coach.  2-10 and 1-11, are the two previous first year records by our current coach."

In other words, even if we lose this week, Nebraska is still going to finish better than 2-10 or 1-11.  The season is not lost by losing to two power 5 programs, on the road, in the first two games ever coached by this staff.  IMO, there would still be a very good opportunity to win 6 or more of the remaining games and still make a bowl game.  Those saying the season would be lost are the ones with a defeated opinion.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
10 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I'll add on to the original post I quoted you on.

Here is what you said that I responded to- " Both Colorado and Nebraska have new first year coaches and both had access to the same pool of talent."

Show me where Nebraska, or any other team in the nation, had a shot at the two best players on CU's team, because without them, this thread and CU's season would be on a different trajectory.

• TBH 1