** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

6 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I worked for a company (50,000+) employees that went all in on Jocko Willink.  He took the CEO and his VP team through "team building".  The rest of us minions went through Teams/Zoom sessions that would eventually cascade to all leadership roles in the organization.

I missed my Jocko Teams meeting because I was on vacation but a few weeks later I got one of his other guys in a make up session.  We were three minutes into at and he was trying to link a gunfight in Afghanistan to what we did in the office.  With 57 minutes left in the presentation, I was done.  I probably started looking at Huskerboard.

I was surprised how many of my counterparts said how great the training was.  It was lame.  It was grand stories, that were likely true, that had nothing to do with anything we'd encounter.  People ate it up.

Oh man, I can totally see that!

He is interesting to listen to in short bursts but I can't imagine how anything he did in his professional life would have anything to do with 99% of our jobs.

"So there I was, pinned down behind a rock, taking heavy fire, just like sometimes you are all pinned down behind a mountain of cold calls you have to make before the end of the day so that you hit your sales target goals...what I am getting at here is that we are all under pressure, luckily I was able to get in touch with my unit and they have my six.  Four sniper rounds later and I was out of of that stick situation, remember folks, keep dialing those phones because you never know when your sniper bullet will hit the target"

You sitting there thinking "So, do I clap now, is it over, what the f#&%?"

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Oh man, I can totally see that!

He is interesting to listen to in short bursts but I can't imagine how anything he did in his professional life would have anything to do with 99% of our jobs.

"So there I was, pinned down behind a rock, taking heavy fire, just like sometimes you are all pinned down behind a mountain of cold calls you have to make before the end of the day so that you hit your sales target goals...what I am getting at here is that we are all under pressure, luckily I was able to get in touch with my unit and they have my six.  Four sniper rounds later and I was out of of that stick situation, remember folks, keep dialing those phones because you never know when your sniper bullet will hit the target"

You sitting there thinking "So, do I clap now, is it over, what the f#&%?"

Pretty much dead on 

32 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

In other news Shilo Sanders is pissing blood after the Oregon game. This is after he was talking smack to them and said they were small and they were going to run through them. Karma is delicious 

Whoa, now. I hate CU more than most and hope they lose every game and shut the hell up...but there is no need to celebrate a kid being injured. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

19 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Whoa, now. I hate CU more than most and hope they lose every game and shut the hell up...but there is no need to celebrate a kid being injured. 

It’s not like I’m inviting people over for a beer to rewatch the play that put him in the hospital. I do enjoy seeing him eat a big fat humble sammich though. 

• TBH 3
1 hour ago, Scofrosghost said:

In other news Shilo Sanders is pissing blood after the Oregon game. This is after he was talking smack to them and said they were small and they were going to run through them. Karma is delicious 

sounds like Oregon may have taken that Colorado smack talk a little personal.

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean, FOR YEARS, coaches that were playing each other that week would drive out and literally exchange game tape (usually 3 games) with the coach of the team they were playing that Friday.  It was just kind of expected.  In fact it was looked down on if you didn't give game film to your next opponent.

Lol!!!  Bro, the amount of times I was sitting in a Walgreens parking lot to exchange DVDs I can’t even count. Always thought people believed we were doing a drug deal. 

• Haha 1