** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Hi Jessica,

Do you work for the University?  In several of your post you share that ‘you know’, not that you think or it’s your opinion, but that ‘you know’. I’m just curious how you know these things?  If you are in a position where you can’t explain how you know I can certainly respect that. I’m just curious. 

I already posted info and the link about the meeting. A few pages back. 

1 hour ago, tyrone_biggums said:

I'd agree, they have faith that the new people in charge will actually do something about it. No faith in Pederson for obvious reasons and Eichorst waited a year longer than he should have. The boosters maybe don't feel like they need to do the full court press because they know he is already gone.

By extension, this may suggest Moos is making the right moves and saying the right things behind closed doors. Otherwise, you'd probably have more turmoil. Furthermore, Moos is a significantly more communicative AD than Eichorst. I do not recall SE going on talk shows after his hiring and discussing his philosophy on coaching hires, his 'short lists' of candidates, his expectations for a program not going 6-6, etc.

It's early, and there's a lot that could happen (or not happen) in the next few weeks, but Moos has a calming and commanding presence which I believe is also helping to squash some of the angst.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But if he's the only man who can save Nebraska football, and any other coach will plunge us into depression, then this is more of a cult than a football program. 

That is what I've been saying for a long time.  

If Frost is the only savior, then we are in deep crap as a program long term.

Which goes to say.....he is not the only savior.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Something that has been on my mind recently.

During the end of both the Callahan and Bo tenures, there were various large donors making statements in the press.

These people have been very very quiet during this.  I find that very interesting.  Typically, that would tell me they know what is going on and are OK with what is happening behind the scenes.

Sorry' bout that.  I'll give Sam and Steve some calls today and give them some words to print.

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

No need for them to go to the press this time. I know there was a meeting after the Northwestern game where they talked about the type of offense that Scott Frost would run at Nebraska and other topics that the poster would not provide for privacy reasons (promised not to leak it to the boards). How often they have had those meetings I have no clue and I'm not going to ask. 

Heck, the leadership took charge this time around without the boosters having to force it publically. 

Yeah, our meeting was just us drinking some Johnnie Walker Blue and smoking Cubans laughing at all you message board posters for obsessing over all of this.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Sorry' bout that.  I'll give Sam and Steve some calls today and give them some words to print.

Yeah, our meeting was just us drinking some Johnnie Walker Blue and smoking Cubans laughing at all you message board posters for obsessing over all of this.

That meeting sounds fun.  Make sure to send me an invite next time please.

40 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Hey, I think Scott Frost is the best solution for everything that ails us right now.

But if he's the only man who can save Nebraska football, and any other coach will plunge us into depression, then this is more of a cult than a football program. 

<<

>>

*puts the Minnesota Gopher voodoo doll back on the shelf in the Big Red Shrine Room, and closes the door*

Nothing to see here!  (especially since things are not working as the voodoo paraphernalia dealer said they would)