** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Correct. You better bet your ass if we ever were to win another national title, I'd drop over $500 on national championship gear just to boast. 

I told my wife if we ever make it back to the national championship we're going, she doesn't get to say no or I'll just go by myself! :lol: 

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

I have a problem with what college coaches are paid.  A full ride scholarship has a value of what?  It's a small pittance compared to what college football coaches are making.  Colleges and coaches are reaping huge rewards while amateur athletes are out there risking their health.  Other college students can and do receive full ride academic scholarships.  Yet, they have the ability to get a job for spending money while scholarship athletes do not.  Heck, a scholarship athlete can't even trade free gifts they received at a bowl game for tattoos without getting into trouble.

I am ok with paying players. I'm also ok with paying coaches. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, Hans Gruber said:

I am ok with paying players. I'm also ok with paying coaches. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

If the players were getting paid, I wouldn't have a problem with the college coaches salaries.  However, this isn't the case.  I don't have any problem with what NFL coaches or players get paid.  They are providing entertainment much like an actor or tv host.  However, college is different.  The players are the ones putting their lives and health at risk while the coaches and the school get all of the money. 

21 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

I have a problem with what college coaches are paid.  A full ride scholarship has a value of what?  It's a small pittance compared to what college football coaches are making.  Colleges and coaches are reaping huge rewards while amateur athletes are out there risking their health.  Other college students can and do receive full ride academic scholarships.  Yet, they have the ability to get a job for spending money while scholarship athletes do not.  Heck, a scholarship athlete can't even trade free gifts they received at a bowl game for tattoos without getting into trouble.

You are conflating two different issues. It’s not the coaches fault or decision to not pay players. That’s the NCAA rule. I think you have a fair point about the players, but it’s not the coaches fault. Most coaches would probably agree with you. 

Either way, the rules of this game are pretty clear from the beginning. The players aren’t being forced to do this. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There was a tweet by someone at the U of Miami-Florida admissions office about a spike in graduate studies applications after their appearance on ESPN Gameday this weekend.  I think Alabama has seen a huge increase in enrollment since Nick Saban was hired.

Bama has a HUGE out of state increase which is even better for them.  I forget the % but it was crazy

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I am still trying to figure out why the hell I keep coming to this thread. I think if we all look ourselves in the mirror we know damn well we will not find out anything official until Dec. 2nd at the earliest. Yet here I am, refreshing the thread like I am going to see some piece of information that confirms Frost to Nebraska.

I come for the laughs, and to throw 2 cents in on occasion.   It is a silly thread, after all.