Memorial Stadium Renovation

43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They have to figure out how to do both.  

I trust they are. 

Agreed.

Also, we have to think about this logically. Fans in seats = revenue. A good experience in the stadium = fans more likely to go, and that includes a good experience both on the field AND in the stands.

Both things have to be funded, particularly in today's world. Going to football games has become less and less appetizing in recent years and the university needs to incentivize people across the entire spectrum. At it's core, gameday is entertainment. And with all the hassles associated with actually going to a game in Lincoln, I have opted to stay home several times in recent years specifically because of the whole package. Much of the stadium infrastructure itself is also just bad compared to a lot of other stadiums I've been to in the last several years.

3 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

With all due respet, weve got some larger than life folks out there.  How is that going to handle the weight of a 300+ pound person

Strength wise.  No problem with all that aluminum bolted into concrete.  But width wise might be a problem for some folks if you’re referring to the seats.  

Trev Alberts proposal link ...

nebraska-memorial-stadium-renovation-202I assume green color as shown will be a Student Life and Academics buildings.    Noticed south stadium .... 2nd deck :thumbs.  Closer to the action .....

nebraska-memorial-stadium-renovation-202

Vertical Circulation Upgrades ??? :dunno

Anyway too high .... $450 million renovation :blink:.  i.e. Tampa Bay Buccaneers stadium from scratch to final product,  construction cost was $168.5 million ($303 million in 2022)

45 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers stadium from scratch to final product,  construction cost was $168.5 million ($303 million in 2022)

Wow, too bad we can't go back to the 1990s and get their construction prices, huh? Five NFL stadiums have been built in the past decade, and all of them were over $1 billion.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 7
7 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Once again my previous thread (approx. 2 years ago) .....

TdcbBmj.png

wwZe1Iy.png

..... closer to the action !!!

And then .....

• Plant real RED robin hedge.  Right now, ugly construction barrier fence .... eye sore IMO
  • Nice natural grass !!

The Red robin hedge is something I've never thought about and that I think would look super cool along both sides.  Nice idea!

insane that over the last 10 years they will have spent over a billion dollars on buyout money, practice facility, and stadium renovations but can't event make a bowl game.

How about spending that money on NIL and actually getting good players? 

It's like they think fans care more about the stadium experience than actually winning the games? Feels like Nebraska fans are being taking advantage of.

• TBH 1