Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the SEC and BIG10 keep adding all the legit programs and those 2 conferences break off and for a new higher class of football that resembles NFL format. 

I agree. Maybe 2 or 3 years away.

On 12/23/2023 at 10:29 AM, Bball1091 said:

I haven’t read the filing either, but I would think they wouldn’t argue that the entire contract is invalid. Rather, specifically the exit fee, within the contract, is/was unreasonable and a restraint against trade. Don’t believe they expect to be successful but rather filed the lawsuit in hopes of being able to settle with the ACC on a reduced amount. Many lawsuits are about posturing and end up settling.

My thought would be when you add more parties to an agreement, if not all the members approve the addition, it shouldn't go forward?

SMU, Cal and Stanford shouldn't have been allowed to join the conference unless it was unanimously approved. Since they were I would consider the Grant of Rights agreement, invalid at this point? 

The status quo has changed. 

YARN | Cooperation only lasts as long as the status quo is unchanged. | National  Treasure (2004) | Video clips by quotes | 20c5b9ca | 紗

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Did anyone else have nightmares of Texas getting :01 back yesterday for another attempt?  If you look at the replay, pretty sure a ball dude literally caught the ball and had he not that clock was at :00.  Thank you football gods for not handing those texa$$hats another gift.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 5
41 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Did anyone else have nightmares of Texas getting :01 back yesterday for another attempt?  If you look at the replay, pretty sure a ball dude literally caught the ball and had he not that clock was at :00.  Thank you football gods for not handing those texa$$hats another gift.

Yea that guy definitely caught the ball and gave Texas another shot with 01 seconds left. I sat there and thought there is no way this f'ing program gets another BS win because time was put back on the clock

• TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not good news for FSU -  NCAA making an example out of FSU regarding NIL violations.    Kind of makes FSU's crying of not making the playoff a bit less credible.   

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/historic-college-football-program-hit-with-major-ncaa-penalties/ar-AA1mQpfA?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=52160d92f1c94c10d45c544b3961a259&ei=66

Well the NCAA infraction committee finally handed down the penalties that we’ve all been waiting for against–Florida State? I was as shocked as most when that didn’t read ‘Michigan’.

According to Yahoo Sports’ Ross Dellenger, Florida State football offensive coordinator Alex Atkins is suspended for the first three games of the season after the NCAA claims he drove a football recruit and his parents to meet with a significant NIL Collective leader.

Not only will Atkins miss the first three games of the Seminole’s football season, but he’ll also be slapped with a two-year show-cause order for the pair of level two violations.

The Seminoles program as a whole will also receive a myriad of penalties. Dellenger reports Florida State will lose 5% of its scholarships for the next two years, seven official recruiting visits, 18 spring evaluation days, and 1% of the athletic budget due to a fine.

They’ll also be prohibited from communicating with recruits for six weeks over the next two seasons including Jan. 12-18, 2024, prohibited from communicating with transfer portal players in between April 15-21, and they’ll also be on a two-year probation period.

Florida State must also sever ties with the collective representative for three years, and the collective as a whole for one. According to Dellenger, these are some of the most severe and earliest penalties in the 2 ½ years of the college football transfer portal.

These terms were reportedly negotiated between Florida State and the NCAA. The violations are alleged to have occurred during the spring recruiting cycle in 2022.

31 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Not good news for FSU -  NCAA making an example out of FSU regarding NIL violations.    Kind of makes FSU's crying of not making the playoff a bit less credible.   

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/historic-college-football-program-hit-with-major-ncaa-penalties/ar-AA1mQpfA?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=52160d92f1c94c10d45c544b3961a259&ei=66

What a load of BS.  For some reason, the NCAA has it out for FSU this year.

So, the transfer player went on a visit where this happened, then didn't transfer, stayed with his current team then went to the NCAA and told them everything that happened on the visit?  Give me a break.  I'd be interested in knowing where the transfer is from.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2