What did we learn? Colorado edition

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

If Tony white leaves after this year I don’t imagine Rhule coming out of this alive. Feels like next year could just as well reset back to year one level. 

I was just telling my buddies the same. We might improve the offense next year but the defense will revert and we will be stuck in the mud yet again.

11 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Another thing I learned is Nebraska should not be charging their fans to watch the games. That should be stealing and they should stop asking for donations that should be fraud

Miss the days when we could flip the television on and watch games. We have to have cable or pay for most of them. Now a buddy has to hack into signals for me...(Ha) To boot we get lots more commercials that screw with the experience too. 

Joking about the hacking part so don't turn me in or anything. 

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

You still don't reward him for 6 turnovers.  You make him sit for at least one game.  

I'm not saying reward him. But unless somebody has a better QB in their back pocket then we need to actually fix the problem and coach him. Do you have a better solution? Because we've got a game next week. 

• TBH 1

The team has improved where we all felt they were weakest. In the trenches. I just witnessed an NBA title from the Denver nuggets where the franchise didn’t skip steps and trusted continuity. I believe in Rhule and I think the team we saw today will be much better come November.  

I hate losing to CU, but these are the ‘trust the process’ days. 

• TBH 1

With all the natural athletes we have on any Power 5 team . . . it seems like a "Rudy" QB could be discovered if given try outs and a chance.   When we're losing by 30 or more points in the 4th quarter  . . . . . haul out the long snapper and punters off the bench and kick them out to the huddle to see if a QB is lurking on the team.   

What the hey do we have to lose?   (it might be fun to find out)

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

The team has improved where we all felt they were weakest. In the trenches. I just witnessed an NBA title from the Denver nuggets where the franchise didn’t skip steps and trusted continuity. I believe in Rhule and I think the team we saw today will be much better come November.  

I hate losing to CU, but these are the ‘trust the process’ days. 

We do have to trust the process but the experimental process at OL needs to be over. We have not improved in the OL trenches.  This was a massive weakest link leftover.  We need a thread on who we can get for OL coach.  Like we have to get one of the best 3 in CFB, it’s that critical. This is an area where we should pull a Deion and just start over.  

4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

We do have to trust the process but the experimental process at OL needs to be over. We have not improved in the OL trenches.  This was a massive weakest link leftover.  We need a thread on who we can get for OL coach.  Like we have to get one of the best 3 in CFB, it’s that critical. This is an area where we should pull a Deion and just start over.  

So much this.  Prime recognized that the majority of his team were responsible to varying degrees their multiple years of losing seasons and no bowling…….Sound familiar.  He said that they became accepting of that culture.  As others mentioned we lose and guys are walking off the field laughing and joking.  They should be pissed, embarrassed, disappointed etc….They have become accepting of losing.  Comfortable with it.  Expecting it.  The OL has shown no improvement.  I agree, the experiment needs to end.  It looks like we are potentially going 2-10.  I’d rather truly “buy into” Rhule’s rebuild if he started the true fresh on the OL and some other spots.  Build by getting them experience now.  Don’t wait to “start over” in year 2 or 3 with guys who have not played much.  A lot easier to keep our 2024 class showing them “losing” with true fresh than losing with guys who have been here for multiple years.  Prime simply did what few coaches have the stones to do.  Rip off the band aid and hold people accountable.  

• Plus1 1