Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Give me examples please. Haarberg’s sidearm motion of dropping the elbow and staying under the ball won’t work. 

All of them. It’s an issue of mechanics it will need repetition. No one when they first start playing football comes out capable of throwing like Tom Brady, it’s repetition. Same thing with a golf swing

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

All of them?  What?  Give me examples of QB’s who changed their throwing motion at age 21 after being QB all through high school and 3 years of college.

I had a thought you were delusional before, but this confirms it. 

Bingo.  It ain't changing.  Remember all the guru sessions all summer that changed T Martinez's throwing and then the bullets start flying in the fall and it was the same motion he always had.

• Plus1 2

You have to be really careful working with an older quarterback's mechanics. I know it sounds weird to refer to Haarberg like that, but a 20-year-old in their third year of division one football isn't exactly a blank canvas.

Often times what you'll see in a situation with someone like Haarberg is more of a fine-tuning of existing mechanics, i.e. avoid making wholesale changes, but find what you can do to tweak the existing framework and improve overall performance. I don't know what his mechanical ceiling is but I do think there are some things they could work on that wouldn't compromise him too much, particularly his footwork, which makes me gag often.

• TBH 2
9 hours ago, ndobney said:

All of them. It’s an issue of mechanics it will need repetition. No one when they first start playing football comes out capable of throwing like Tom Brady, it’s repetition. Same thing with a golf swing

Understand what you are saying but this is not a topic for a QB in his sophomore year playing at P5 level...  the "repetition" should have already been done

• TBH 2

10 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Make him a Taysom Hill type guy 

This is probably HH's best bet, but we need an actual QB to step in his place first.  Sims isn't it.

The issue with HH is he is so stiff.  He has no wiggle.  He may be fast, but he's not elusive at all.  What made Tommie the best who's done it here is his ability to make people miss and bounce off of him in phone booth-like spaces.

• Plus1 1