Potential Assistant coach change(s)

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well now that Nebraska has a new qb coach one would have to think that Holgorsen isn't coming now just to be a analyst here.  No benefit to him doing that.

I assumed he'd be coming here as a part of the coaching staff but this doesn't rule him out from an analyst roll.  Gary patterson seems to have found a home on sarks staff in an analyst type position.  No recruiting expectations, can focus on gameplan/practice execution.  Not bad to get paid pretty good money to do that and be part of a progrum again without having the time commitment an official coaching/staff member would demand

• TBH 1
13 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I assumed he'd be coming here as a part of the coaching staff but this doesn't rule him out from an analyst roll.  Gary patterson seems to have found a home on sarks staff in an analyst type position.  No recruiting expectations, can focus on gameplan/practice execution.  Not bad to get paid pretty good money to do that and be part of a progrum again without having the time commitment an official coaching/staff member would demand

The money also does not matter because (in most cases) what they make as an analyst or assistant is deducted from their payout from the previous school. He's going to make around 3.5 million this year no matter what we pay him. We pay him more, Houston pays him less - it evens out. Probably worth waiting on his end too though, he'll have plenty of analyst offers and can scope out HC jobs. 

1 hour ago, GSG said:

247 guys aren't ruling out Holgorsen yet. They indicated he's always been in play for an analyst position and that there isn't a ton of rush to fill a non-recruiting position like that

I was told Holgorsen is currently on vacation and if he were to join the staff it would be in about 3 weeks

2 hours ago, soup said:

and Josh Martin interim TE coach moves back to analyst position in had before drunk TE coach was fired.

I believe Martin was a ST's analyst prior to being promoted to TE coach.  If analysts are indeed permitted to work with players moving forward (and you have to appreciate the irony of that happening after Saban retires since he lobbied for it), I wonder if Martin will be retained as an O analyst who actually coaches TE's, and Satterfield is the OC without a position room as White is.  That would make a lot of sense if applicable.  

2 hours ago, LP1 said:

I was told Holgorsen is currently on vacation and if he were to join the staff it would be in about 3 weeks

3 weeks? What is he acclimating at Everest base camp? Who goes on a 3 week vacation?

• Haha 2