Gun Control

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Oh wait. O.k.  Lindsey's got the answer...  chuckleshuffle :blink: :facepalm:

:facepalm:

Well, it’s not as bad as the idea of arming all teachers. 

But why do we keep assuming the security is not going to be one of tbe shooters? And even with training I wonder how many people will be shot accidentally. 

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Well, it’s not as bad as the idea of arming all teachers. 

But why do we keep assuming the security is not going to be one of tbe shooters? And even with training I wonder how many people will be shot accidentally. 

I believe some of the schools that have had shootings have had officers in the facility. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:46 PM, ZRod said:

What about concerts? What about supermarkets? What about churchs? Are we going to have enough ex military and biker gangs to cover every conceivably part of our lives?

That's what makes this conservative talking point asinine and unintelligent - there simply is no realistic or cost-effective way to protect all the places that have suffered a mass shootings.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not sure about the other teachers that post here but I don't know one teacher that wants to carry.

I'm not a teacher, but I would agree with this.  Do you know teachers who continue to support the Right, despite all of the Right's nonsensical solutions to school shootings? e.g. one entry point, more SRO's, armed-up ex-military stationed at schools, mental-health, etc

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

I'm not a teacher, but I would agree with this.  Do you know teachers who continue to support the Right, despite all of the Right's nonsensical solutions to school shootings? e.g. one entry point, more SRO's, armed-up ex-military stationed at schools, mental-health, etc

There are plenty.

My building is about 50/50, at least the ones that will discuss things.  Only one actually liked Trump though.  She’s also the same one that was shocked when several of us said open carry was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

So, we don't really talk about it that often, it is like not something we bring up, we just sort of show up, teach and go home.

More MAGA wisdom on how to solve the school slaughter issue....arm the kids.  Not the young ones of course.  Let's be reasonable. 10 and up would be armed to the tits.  What could go wrong?

The answer to bring mass shootings in our schools to an end is right there in front of us, but no one wants to say it. So, I will.

It’s time to arm the kids themselves. If the answer to gun violence is more guns, it’s really the most logical solution.

Now, we have to be reasonable about this. We obviously don’t want kindergartners running around shooting each other accidentally with their tiny fingers, so we would have to establish a rational age requirement. Say, maybe 10 years old. I mean, that’s the age when kids should be familiar with guns anyway if they’re going to grow up in the USA.

• Plus1 1