** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I was all on board with Frost becoming our next head coach until he made an account on huskerboard and started referring to himself in the 3rd person.

We don't need that kind of arrogance and narcissism in our humble, blue collar state!

I realize this is a joke, but I can say I've personally met Scott Frost. Me and some former teammates met him working out at the stadium. He approached us, said hi, shook all our hands. We were all little school girls meeting this legend.

You couple that with his success as a coordinator, his passion for the game, and his Nebraska ties. If the only thing Mike Riley has going for him is being nice, than we can't do any worse with Scott Frost...

• Plus1 1
On 10/5/2017 at 11:49 AM, Enhance said:

Well, he's currently 9-7 as a head coach. His résumé, at least to me, doesn't really scream P5 yet. Maybe lower tier P5.

A strong finish to the 2017 season will do wonders for him. He'll be highly sought after if UCF goes undefeated or wins the conference and goes to a major bowl.

He inherited a 0 win team and led them to 6 wins and a bowl game.  That was the biggest turnaround in the country last year and the 4th biggest in the NCAA in the last 20 years.  I'd say that's pretty impressive on a resume.

Mike Riley inherited a 9 win team and led them to 6 wins.  You have to look at the context, there's a big difference in 6 win seasons there even though the win total is the same.

• Plus1 6
13 minutes ago, Husker Q said:

He inherited a 0 win team and led them to 6 wins and a bowl game.  That was the biggest turnaround in the country last year and the 4th biggest in the NCAA in the last 20 years.  I'd say that's pretty impressive on a resume.

Mike Riley inherited a 9 win team and led them to 6 wins.  You have to look at the context, there's a big difference in 6 win seasons there even though the win total is the same.

I don't get the comments that Frost needs to prove more to get the head coaching job at NU. If he ever gets the NU job, or if he lands elsewhere, he has proven himself and has a very strong resume worthy of being hired by a power 5 program. It might as well be NU trying to hire him. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't get the comments that Frost needs to prove more to get the head coaching job at NU. If he ever gets the NU job, or if he lands elsewhere, he has proven himself and has a very strong resume worthy of being hired by a power 5 program. It might as well be NU trying to hire him. 

Exactly!

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, HuskerJax said:

I really am starting to think that even if Riley survives the season that maybe he retires, or they make it look like a retirement. This saves face on both sides and opens the door for frost to return (if he wants to)

This has been my thought for a few weeks.  He's a good man, he'll try to the best of his ability to draw this season to a close in the nicest way possible and then step down gracefully.  But does he have to get fired to get paid?  If he retires he forfeits his contract, right?

11 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

This has been my thought for a few weeks.  He's a good man, he'll try to the best of his ability to draw this season to a close in the nicest way possible and then step down gracefully.  But does he have to get fired to get paid?  If he retires he forfeits his contract, right?

I’m sure they can come to some agreement behind the scenes. I just think this scenario is best for all involved. The program doesn’t take a hit for firing another coach, Riley goes out in a respectable manner and everyone moves on

Going to be tough to pull him especially if Florida comes calling. He won’t have to travel to recruit (which he said he’s not a fan of). He just got married 3-4 years ago. Is he going to take a job that requires him to be gone even more?! 

I hope Frost gets to NU but unless they pay him a hell of a lot, he’s gunna end up picking Florida for the recruiting reasons.

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic