** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Then let me rephrase my question.. even though my other question is still valid...

If you're Frost, would you rather....

Go to Tennessee - Get paid, Keep the FL recruiting pipeline he already built on top of the TN current connections AND not have the pressure of Nebraska fans and coaching his alma mater 

or 

Go to Nebraska -  Get paid, go back home and try to bring your alma mater back to the way it was when he left 

That's truly what he will be debating when he ultimately makes a decision.

That's a choice Scott would have to make. I don't think climate has anything to do with his interests. He played here, grew up here so it's not like you're going to see him in a parka with a hood over his head when it's 45 degrees outside. If it were me, I'd choose to go back to the school I played for to bring it back from the ashes. That challenge alone is enough to get my blood boiling again. I'd go home to my family. I'd want my kids to be around their grandparents and immediate family members. I think that's going to be a big factor in his decision if it ever comes to that point.

Because Nebraska, despite all the negativity and the recent losing, and major losses, it's still one giant family. There's a camaraderie here among the state and it's fans. I'd be hard pressed to say no to the place that gave me a second chance as a player.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Frost has recruited at a high level at Oregon.

So you're saying we shouldn't hire Frost so that the fans can at least still have something to hope for?

Frost is a sure thing.  He'll win an NC within 5 years.  Somewhere.  Where would you prefer it to happen?

I love the optimism. I am not saying don't hire Frost so the fans have hope, what I am saying is, if you tell me I am throwing a bunch of money (4-6 mil) at a new head coach. Right now, I'd be trying to lure away a proven winner like a Brian Kelly, Pat Fitzgerald, Chip Kelly, etc before I start offering that money to Frost.

Plus, on the recruiting side, you can't really give a whole lot of credit to Frost. He was in a good position at Oregon with a solid program that was winning and at UCF he is just finding diamonds around FL. Recruiting at Nebraska will be a new animal for him. That's why my bet is he leans to Tennessee

13 minutes ago, FTW said:

That's a choice Scott would have to make. I don't think climate has anything to do with his interests. He played here, grew up here so it's not like you're going to see him in a parka with a hood over his head when it's 45 degrees outside. If it were me, I'd choose to go back to the school I played for to bring it back from the ashes. That challenge alone is enough to get my blood boiling again. I'd go home to my family. I'd want my kids to be around their grandparents and immediate family members. I think that's going to be a big factor in his decision if it ever comes to that point.

Because Nebraska, despite all the negativity and the recent losing, and major losses, it's still one giant family. There's a camaraderie here among the state and it's fans. I'd be hard pressed to say no to the place that gave me a second chance as a player.

More comfort of the mind to have your child with your parents and wife so you can focus on your job

It took Devaney longer than that, Osborne 23 years I think.  How do you come up with this stuff.  If he went to Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson possibly.  He is not going to win a NC at Nebraska in 5 years.   This is exactly why we are called unrealistic.  Run our mouths, talk the talk and fall down the stairs.    

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

So I'm not going to let this SEC recruiting talk continue. I'm sure there's a thread for that... Maybe on an SEC board, if not here...

Back to someone's point of "Frost being a sure thing." Is he? Really? So Husker Nation, what happens if we do hire Frost and he flops? Goes let's say, 6-6, 8-4, 7-5, 7-5.. Do we all just give up hope at that point because people think he is a sure thing to bring Nebraska back to a title contender?

Would you rather......

Have Scott Frost hired in December since he is a legend at Nebraska as a player and has a solid coaching resume but a guy who has no HC experience at a P5 level, hasn't recruited at a high level (let alone at a lack of talent area like Nebraska and the 500 mi radius) and risk what little hope we have left in our program on Frost

or 

Hire away another HC at a P5 school (Justin Fuente VT, Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly ND, Pat Fitzgerald TCU). At least if these guys fail the fan's won't lose complete faith in the football gods and we always have that hope of Frost coming back to Nebraska if he proves himself somewhere else first.

Just fyi, I was all about Frost being our HC before Riley was hired but now I'm a little nervous putting all my "hope eggs" in his basket

Riley will only have one record better than any of your hypothetical "flop" years for Frost. 

Hoping for a better coach sounds better than hoping for a win against Purdue. We as fans can take a 10-14 point loss to the Ohio States and Michigan's of the world and one unexpected loss here or there. 

Scott Frost explaining why he went to UCF and how things have been easier for him there, etc. Yet another reason he will choose a place like Tennessee over Nebraska

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/aac/2016/05/10/ucf-football-coach-scott-frost-central-florida-knights/84171392/

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

https://247sports.com/Coach/Scott-Frost-31 

There's a nice list at the bottom. 

Outside of Freeman, not all that impressive. On average, High 80's to low 90's over several years there.