** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

31 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Wow! Straight from Scott Frost’s mouth! Although this was from a 2012 interview but it left me hopeful. 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/the-story-of-scott-frost-s-love-hate-relationship-with/article_d23a0bb0-ba7f-11e7-85a1-07e004b8e998.html

Thank you for that link.  I agree with brophog - must read.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Damon Benning made comments about most of the stuff said in this article on his radio show this past week.  Benning became fairly close to Frost in '95 and '96, and said that Frost had a difficult time adjusting to NU and how most of the defense treated him like crap in his redshirt season of '95.

I dont love the fact that guys get hazed the way he did, but man, did it make him one tough SOB on the field and in life.

• Plus1 2

This is an interesting part of The Scott Frost Story....."Frost returned to Lincoln to find death threats on his home phone. A female student in a dorm screamed a vulgarity at him. Fans criticized him in the papers.

While the passion of Husker fans was one of the main reasons the sport was such a big deal in the state, Frost for the first time was being exposed to the evil underbelly of that passion. It wouldn’t be the last time."

Who are these dirtbags among us? Do they need a mental evaluation?

• Plus1 2

I hope a few mentally deranged idiots from his college days wouldn't deter him from a multi million dollar contract in Lincoln. Any other power 5 team is going to have just as big if not a bigger issue there, especially places like Gainesville and Knoxville. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

After reading that article I don't see how he turns us down if we do fire Riley, or he retires, and we offer Scott the job. We can't screw this up again if Riley ends up being gone, the program is truly in desperation mode at this point IMO. 

Agreed. We are at the point in which the next coach sets the stage for the future.  The next choice will point us on the path towards respectability and being competitive/playing for conference titles or continuing down the point of mediocrity and being an also ran program that although in a P5 conference is not deserving of the title.  

I really think Frost has the ability to be the guy who takes a step forward.  I can remember the loss to ASU and the after math for Frost. This and this reason alone make him a great choice.  He has seen the worst the fans have to offer (a very very small part) and the best the fans have to offer.  He has been seen as the goat and the GOAT.  He "gets" NU football.  The team and coach carry not only the aspirations of the team, but the state as a whole.  Something no one outside of NE understands.  Ive tried to explain to co-workers, but they don't understand.  Frost does.  He also knows how to win. Not just schematically, but mentally as well.

I am pretty sure Frost comes in, most of the class we have for 2018 (all 11 guys at this point...) stay intact.  Dude brings vision, enthusiasm, accountability and desire with him.  What kid wouldnt want to be a part of that transformation.  He was and is a winner.  Look at his motto for UCF #RiseandConquer #UCFast #UCFierce......we have hip, hip, hooray. Something my wife said you say when your toddler starts to get potty trained.....

• Plus1 2
23 hours ago, skersfan said:

Hey! WE agree completely.  I don't think an offer is important at this point in time.  It will boil down to Coach Osborne feeling like it is a good move for Coach Frost.  Money is not going to matter that much if TO happily tells him to come.  Different dynamic between these two.  As you know TheSker, they are very similar in thoughts and character..  .

Also, think you owe me a I told you so.  Must admit you were spot on

Nah, no "I told you so" coming from me.  I respect the thoughts and opinions of others and understand not everyone sees a situation the same way.

While many, if not most, were focused on Pelini's antics, I was shaking my head at what I believed was happening behind the scenes from the chancellor of all people.

And I think the acumen Frost has for both the game of football and the culture of Nebraska is a great fit for what is needed now.

I think if the previous regime was still in place, it's possible Osborne would have advised Frost to stay away.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, brophog said:

I'm ok with it, too. He's been under a lot of stress and this is a natural reaction. I want him fired, but it's not like I don't empathize with him. 

It's just another example of something that's discussed throughout this thread and others. There is this fundamental difference between these guys that, I believe, is a core reason why Mike Riley, no matter how many adjustments he makes, will never be "that guy", and why I believe Frost has that potential.

Here's a sample of the post game press conference from tonight's game. Frost's quote has already been cited, but listen to his players. Remember, this is 40 point win and school record for points scored.

UCF - Austin Peay Postgame

Wow...they whipped a team and Coach Frost and the players were focused on where they need to improve.  Just wow!  And what is this notion of "going in at halftime and making adjustments"?!!!!

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

Wow! Straight from Scott Frost’s mouth! Although this was from a 2012 interview but it left me hopeful. 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/the-story-of-scott-frost-s-love-hate-relationship-with/article_d23a0bb0-ba7f-11e7-85a1-07e004b8e998.html

Very interesting article very well done.  We fans sure are fickle.  Brings back memories too.  As well as the Peters brothers played, they sure were jerks.  I never learned the true story of the LP incident.  Always heard he hid in the closet, which didn't sit well with me.  I don't care, it just never did.  However, this is a man who endured tremendous adversity to become a champion as a player and he destined to do the same as a coach, wherever he is.  

• Plus1 1