NU staff trying to find a way to get TE's involved

Here are a few articles that's makes you scratch your head.  Staff talking about moving Farniok to right guard as his more natural position.....Going with Conrad, Farniok and Jaimes against Purdue......Also talks about getting the TE's more involved.  Shaking up the backfield as well to get Bradley more carries....

Unsure if this is a staff clinging to anything to try and salvage their jobs or further proof of the incompetence that 7 games in they still have no idea how to manage a roster or develop what they have.....They just appear in over their heads IMHO....

A quote from Langs on the TE's

But in all seriousness, Langsdorf did share a few wrinkles the Huskers could be looking at implementing starting against Purdue on Saturday to try and jumpstart an offense that has sputtered in its last two showings. The first: increased involvement from the tight ends.

Langsdorf said the coaching staff wants to get tight ends Tyler Hoppes, Connor Ketter and Jack Stoll more involved. That means rethinking formations and rethinking the “intent of the pattern” Nebraska receivers are running.

Langs on the RB situation:

They might also mix things up in the backfield. Nebraska’s rushing productivity ranks near the bottom of the Big Ten in almost every category and nationally it’s not much better. Langsdorf said with Bryant now officially out of the equation, it might be time for more carries for true freshman Jaylin Bradley. (Since they burned his red shirt on ST and meaningless carries *my thoughts)

https://hailvarsity.com/s/2527/langsdorf-huskers-considering-a-few-new-wrinkles-on-offense

https://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Huskers-used-bye-week-to-work-out-offensive-problems-109370863

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/practice-report-oct-husker-coaches-looking-for-final-five-on/article_d64d8b36-b850-11e7-84ba-93db3dc1aae9.html

At least they are trying something...

Edited by lo country
  • Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Here are a few articles that's makes you scratch your head.  Staff talking about moving Farniok to right guard as his more natural position.....Going with Conrad, Farniok and Jaimes against Purdue......

This is quite amazing, they knew he was better at guard all along but needed him to be the back-up right tackle?  And now he's better than Farmer and Boe Wilson at guard?

16 minutes ago, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

This is quite amazing, they knew he was better at guard all along but needed him to be the back-up right tackle?  And now he's better than Farmer and Boe Wilson at guard?

I have never heard of a position move halfway through the season for anything but injury.  How do you not have that figured out already? Throwing things at the wal to see what sticks. SMH. 

19 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I have never heard of a position move halfway through the season for anything but injury.  How do you not have that figured out already? Throwing things at the wal to see what sticks. SMH. 

Not only that, he was so needed at back-up tackle that he ended up getting beat out by the third string tackle when he was forced into playing.  Why not just give Boe Wilson a chance if Farmer is playing so poorly?  Wasn't he close to starting last year?  You know if they rotated, even in very small amounts, they would have Wilson on film and could evaluate him.

Edited by worldsworstoutdoorsman
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I'm not a fan of mid-season firings but it may need to happen here.  Riley is in desperation mode that in week 8 he is still trying to figure out his starting OL and looking to burn redshirts of TE's.

Moos may have to let him go just to save him from a complete meltdown

I don't think we are burning any TE 'shirts.  Stoll redshirted last year.  I haven't seen anything indicating playing Allen or Rafdal.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think we are burning any TE 'shirts.  Stoll redshirted last year.  I haven't seen anything indicating playing Allen or Rafdal.

It's odd that there's no mention of Matt Snyder, who was supposed to be a stud recruit from the 2015 class.  I know he's been slowed by injuries his first 2 years in Lincoln, but he was a guy who many thought could come in and play right away as a true freshman.  This guy can't sniff the field and isn't mentioned by Riley or Langsdorf as "possible TE's to look for".

3 minutes ago, Fru said:

Getting anyone involved would be nice 

No sh#t. Maybe they could get some of the football players involved in the game of football.

This is par for this group...3rd year, game 8 and still throwing sh#t at the wall to see what might stick. Wake me up when they announce who the new coach will be.

• Plus1 5

This is a direct result of Langsdorf.  In the spring and fall camp, we heard how good our TEs were. If I remember right, they even were featured heavily in the spring game.

Then......the season hits and they are forgotten.  This isn't the players saying....naaa....I don't want to throw to TEs.  It's the OC not calling plays that get them open and get the ball to them.

Now....after we play 7 games and have lost 4, there's an epiphany in the football offices?

#frustrating

• Plus1 2