Tristan Gebbia

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, it was a mistake not recruiting Burrow very hard out of high school, but Frost decided to not recruit him as a grad transfer.  Frost was happy with the options he had at QB.

I don’t think you understand how this overreaction thing works.

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

If you consider thinking moves ahead of you = trolling... 

r1rxuvCXp59o4.gif

"Wave of the future, wave of the future, wave of the future, Wave of the future, wave of the future, wave of the future,  Wave of the future, wave of the future, wave of the future, Wave of the future, wave of the future, wave of the future, Wave of the future, wave of the future, wave of the future, Wave of the future, wave of the future, wave of the future..."

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

#OnceAHusker

#OnceANebraskaStudent, maybe. It's not like he ever played in a game for us, or was a walk-on that stuck around for four years without seeing the field for sheer love of the Big Red. In the end, he's basically like a recruit that commits to Nebraska, then flips to another school at the last minute. In a way he's even worse - a recruit that flips just before signing day doesn't burn a scholarship for two years like Gebbia did.

Good luck to Tristian.  He seemed like a good kid and all of the reports made it sound like he put in a ton of work.  QBs leaving is the new normal in CFB, so I always assumed the loser of the Gebbia/Martinez dual would transfer, I just assumed it would happen this winter and not in the fall.

A lot of west coast schools don't start for a few more weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up somewhere close to home.  Or he could go the Juco route for a semester (a al Jarrett Stidham from Baylor -> Juco -> Auburn).

• Plus1 1

Not happy about this. 

Think he has made a hasty decision!

Wish him well.

Very poorly handled.

Wanted to be the leader of our team, shows by his deeds here, that he was not ready to be looked upon, as such.

I do not blame the young man for making a decision, that he thinks will better his situation.

YET, I do have a problem with the way he has handled it, or should I say, didn’t handle it.

TG, best to you, but you need to grow a pair, as I doubt HCSF or any of our coaching staff, treated you that way. 

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, about Gebbia's decision. If this has been brought up earlier in this thread, my apologies. I'm not checking back through four pages, three of which are probably griping, to find this.

Gebbia has to go immediately if he's going to go at all. He has to find a school, transfer, enroll, move, and get his stuff to his new home within days, maybe hours. If he gets transferred quickly enough, this becomes his penalty year. He sits out this year, then has a shot to play next year.

If he waits a week, even a few days, he may have to sit out this year AND next year.  Dumb move on his part. This is the only decision he can legitimately make.

No issue with anything you said above, just would insert (Show up to practice, talk to the coaches about your decision), then do what you need to do! 

2 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

No issue with anything you said above, just would insert (Show up to practice, talk to the coaches about your decision), then do what you need to do! 

If the reports of him being released from his scholarship are true, he's already talked to the coaches. Have to wait & see for confirmation on that.

34 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

If you consider thinking moves ahead of you = trolling... 

You can be Pollyanna about it if you like, but college athletics is Big Business. The Scott Frost system is the equivalent of knowing how to turn water into gasoline. You don't think that there are schools (or boosters) in the Big 10 that would not pay a lot of money to pick Gebbia's brain about that system, the sideline play calling system, specific plays now that he has shown his loyalties are elsewhere? Whether he does it or not is a separate question, but the guy has shown he is looking out for Number One and his resentment may go as far as hurting Frost and the team as much as possible. 

You really think a kid that has NFL aspirations will sell information to an opposing team? He does that he has no chance at making an NFL camp or roster. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia