Maurice Washington Faces Charges

On Big Red Overreaction, DB stated that Mo is "a different cat"  and he is guy that coaches need to be in constant contact with to make sure he's doing the good things he needs to do.  He mentioned him beig emotionally immature.  He gave some instances of odd behavior-like talking to his helmet. 

DB kind of gets on my nerves with his posturing and using weird and redundant academic words to show his superiority, but I think he's got a good perspective on Mo.  It's probably in segment one of the BRO if you want to listen.  

• Plus1 5
28 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

On Big Red Overreaction, DB stated that Mo is "a different cat"  and he is guy that coaches need to be in constant contact with to make sure he's doing the good things he needs to do.  He mentioned him beig emotionally immature.  He gave some instances of odd behavior-like talking to his helmet. 

DB kind of gets on my nerves with his posturing and using weird and redundant academic words to show his superiority, but I think he's got a good perspective on Mo.  It's probably in segment one of the BRO if you want to listen.  

That’s a careful situation. The beginning of the end of Solich happened when it became clear to the team Crouch was being held to looser standards

31 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I hope they learned from Baldwin, Phillips and others who have had diagnosable mental issues and they get him the support he needs outside of the mentorship he gets from the program.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
57 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

That’s a careful situation. The beginning of the end of Solich happened when it became clear to the team Crouch was being held to looser standards

I don’t know if the standards are looser. He  was suspended for a half for something that happened this week. And I don’t think it’s unjust to treat kids differently. They’re not made with a cookie cutter. 

my heart goes out to kids, and they are kids, that have maturity issues and then get thrust into a hotbed of rabid media and fan attention. Must be disorienting and isolating. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

I’d agree with this. 

I do do the husker 5k which then allows my family and I to go watch a “practice” which is just a pregame warm up.   Watching him walk around like he’s disabled after dropping a pass is disheartening.... but watching him act a fool and act like he just doesn’t care, all while facing these impending issues, is a major concern.

I don’t think he’s very mentally mature.   

Meanwhile, Mills kept his nose down, did the work he needed to do, and was all business. 

I understand this is a small snap shot but it really left a nasty taste in my mouth.... my honest opinion, if you have these charges (and at the time the weed charge).... you act grateful and happy and keep your nose clean. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
41 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I’d agree with this. 

I do do the husker 5k which then allows my family and I to go watch a “practice” which is just a pregame warm up.   Watching him walk around like he’s disabled after dropping a pass is disheartening.... but watching him act a fool and act like he just doesn’t care, all while facing these impending issues, is a major concern.

I don’t think he’s very mentally mature.   

Meanwhile, Mills kept his nose down, did the work he needed to do, and was all business. 

I understand this is a small snap shot but it really left a nasty taste in my mouth.... my honest opinion, if you have these charges (and at the time the weed charge).... you act grateful and happy and keep your nose clean. 

Mills is 2 years older than Mo and was kicked off of Georgia Tech for smoking too much weed. So Mills probably has learned a lot and “grew up” since troubles early in his career. Hopefully Mo will be able to do the same at NU. 

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Good lord.  Please bring the eye roll back just for this thread.  The amount of unsubstantiated speculative judgement in this thread is unreal.  

Hahah!  No kidding!

And I love that some of the posters doing it would FREAK THE f#&% OUT if it was done/said about them.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2