Josh Pate on Can Nebraska football still be fixed

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

This weird idea that NU can't get "back"

The crazy media and the dorky fans that did all the could to run off Bo and his 9/10 wins and 1st/2nd place division finishes even realize that being "back" is pretty freaking easy.

Frost was a homerun hire that did not work out, it happens.

When Coach Gus Malzahn is here things will be very different.  NU will have the first or second best coach in the conference the second he signs.  

The only intriguing thing about hiring Gus would be stealing consecutive coaches from UCF, and seeing their reaction.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

He spent 9 minutes saying nothing -- Fine, if that's how you feel, but I'd say you're in the minority.  At least on HB.

Frost has been within a score of Iowa each of the three games.  There was no Wisconsin game last season.  -- Close doesn't cut it anymore.  In year 1 and 2 it did.

And he's attempting to make it sound like it was the first game BB has ever coached to get Nebraska fans fired up. -- Not sure how you got that, but OK.

its working on some.......  --Some are definitely more fired up that they should be, but many are just disappointed.  Especially if some of the outside stuff is true (not saying it is).

He forgot to mention K-State has beaten Oklahoma.-- What does this have anything to do with our issue at hand?

Yeah ....he's "spot on".  I get it, you're still with Frost.  Mostly, I am too.  But significant changes HAVE to be made--like now.  The status quo has failed thus far.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

I'm curious to ask of others  ...

This is how I felt before the two year extension.  So, now that we bought into Frost to a financial commitment you gotta stay with him.  If that extension was not done, you could drop him now or after the season.  I think he is here two more seasons after this as a result.

• Plus1 1

With Frosts extension I think the beginning of the potential end will be to fire assistants. That’ll be the first sign things are likely ending. Alberts and Co. offer Frost to make coaching changes and he likely does.

Then he gets re-evaluated after a year or two with his new staff. Improvements and things maybe get better. Things stay the same and he’s gone.

But I think Frost gets an option to make coaching changes before he gets let go. Simply because of who he is and his extension and big contract. The athletic department will work with him and give him the most opportunities to succeed before they end up firing him. And hopefully it doesn’t come to that, hopefully things work out for Frost here.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Just like the pregame presser for Illinois it looks like he's signed out and just going through motions.

Everything about his demeanor is like a teenager whose parents can see through his bullsh#t. He doesn’t appreciate or like being held accountable. He stares off into space and just says whatever he thinks will get him in the least trouble. Completely immature and unprofessional. Nothing is going to change or improve moving forward. He’s done.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

57 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Everything about his demeanor is like a teenager whose parents can see through his bullsh#t. He doesn’t appreciate or like being held accountable. He stares off into space and just says whatever he thinks will get him in the least trouble. Completely immature and unprofessional. Nothing is going to change or improve moving forward. He’s done.

Yes  that is what I see too. I've been there as well - many years ago.  I had a regional president, not the one I reported to, who for whatever reason, I could not get on his good side in spite of my good performance reviews.  I knew I was a dead man walking even though it was months before I left the company.  (Fortunately my praying wife was looking in the want ads for me and found a new position in my profession and I gave my notice the same day the company was going to let me go - They instead gave me a retainer for the next 3 months to help them on the side - answer to prayer for sure -  but I digress)  You feel paralyzed in even making constructive changes because of the weight on ones shoulders.  Compounding Scott's on field issues are the off field issues.  He's in a state of denial, not willing to be accountable (or so it seems), and stuck.  Some of the things he has said recently prove he is stuck in paralysis thinking  - having to throw out half the play book because Illinois was in an even front not a odd front is just one example.   It creates a toxic environment and perhaps this explains all of the transfer portal moves away from Nebraska.  The pressure of the job was too much. But pressure reveals what is within and it seems to have come out full force since Scott got here. He's gone from golden boy to mud in a short period.  I for one have started to pray for the guy - not for Husker winning sake but for him as an individual. He may need to crash to the bottom to come out of tailspin he seems to be in. However, that doesn't mean Nebraska has to ride the ride with him down to the bottom.     Ok, I'll take off my arm chair psychologist hat:stir and put back on my arm chair AD hat.:cop:

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

Every time Frost opens his mouth he reminds me of one of those pseudo 'thought leaders' who just talks with lots of buzz words and then when you question them even a little bit they turn it around on you with language like, "Oh, you obviously don't get it" or "Geez I think it's pretty obvious, don't you?" and it's crystal clear they actually have zero idea what they're talking about.

8 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Does that look like a guy whos ready to get after it.  

I think we’re reaching here.  He appears to be looking at the monitor showing the replays.  Of course he looks disinterested, we just lost a game in which everyone had placed great importance on.  I’d be a little sour too. 

• Plus1 4
17 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Every time Frost opens his mouth he reminds me of one of those pseudo 'thought leaders' who just talks with lots of buzz words and then when you question them even a little bit they turn it around on you with language like, "Oh, you obviously don't get it" or "Geez I think it's pretty obvious, don't you?" and it's crystal clear they actually have zero idea what they're talking about.

Sounds like my boss.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I think we’re reaching here.  He appears to be looking at the monitor showing the replays.  Of course he looks disinterested, we just lost a game in which everyone had placed great importance on.  I’d be a little sour too. 

I agree.  I don’t think it’s arrogance.

The guy looks like a wreck.  He’s out of his league.  I think he’s worn down because he doesn’t know what to do.

I have no idea, but I’ve heard plenty of rumors.  I wonder if he lacks the leadership and character skills needed to take this program to place where it is considered “improving”.

I wouldn’t say I feel bad for him, but it’s tough to watch.

• Plus1 1