Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, Detasselingthehuskers said:

Sadly, I live in rural Nebraska and I can confirm that it’s still an issue. I went to a watch party and there were a lot of old racist dudes saying stuff about Mickey…

This sucks to hear, but thank you for providing a specific example.  I have read enough news articles about this year's mid-term elections, especially local ones like NU Regents and school board to safely say that racism is still an issue in Central and Western Nebraska.  It may not be outward and overt racism, but voting on certain policies or having PAC's driving specific "educational themes" is enough to say IMO that racism is a problem for good portion of the state.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

This is really sad to hear, there is still alot of that back edged racism going around.  Thought we would of moved on and been better about that.  I was just telling my co worker im not a big fan of mickys flash suit and larger than normal gold chain but who am i to judge someone by how they look.  Hell we had the perfect back country truck driving chew spittin coach here and he was just a hot mess apparently.  So who cares what someone dresses like as long as they treat the kids well and dont make the university look bad.  To each there own.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
26 minutes ago, Detasselingthehuskers said:

Sadly, I live in rural Nebraska and I can confirm that it’s still an issue. I went to a watch party and there were a lot of old racist dudes saying stuff about Mickey…

Racism remains an issue for sure. I’ve come across those that consider some “useful” though don’t think that some should be in leadership positions…And it’s a bunch of B.S. The ignorance and hate is unfortunate. 

That’s a minority. I don’t think it’ll factor into Trev Albert’s decision nor should it. 

11 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Racism remains an issue for sure. I’ve come across those that consider some “useful” though don’t think that some should be in leadership positions…And it’s a bunch of B.S. The ignorance and hate is unfortunate. 

That’s a minority. I don’t think it’ll factor into Trev Albert’s decision nor should it. 

Exactly.  

And....racism is in every fan base and other programs have been able to have black coaches.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

This is really sad to hear, there is still alot of that back edged racism going around.  Thought we would of moved on and been better about that.  I was just telling my co worker im not a big fan of mickys flash suit and larger than normal gold chain but who am i to judge someone by how they look.  Hell we had the perfect back country truck driving chew spittin coach here and he was just a hot mess apparently.  So who cares what someone dresses like as long as they treat the kids well and dont make the university look bad.  To each there own.

To be fair, me and my brothers thought Frost came across really poorly with a big old dip in during games and at press conferences.  We just thought that Frost looked unprofessional, and not something we encounter in our white collar jobs.  I am sure that endeared him to a good portion of Nebraska, as that "he's just like us".  Of course, it wouldn't have been any issue of Frost was a winner.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

To be fair, me and my brothers thought Frost came across really poorly with a big old dip in during games and at press conferences.  We just thought that Frost looked unprofessional, and not something we encounter in our white collar jobs.  I am sure that endeared him to a good portion of Nebraska, as that "he's just like us".  Of course, it wouldn't have been any issue of Frost was a winner.

How one presents is important. As does being a role model with respect to choices. 

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Now Trev has to have a collar color conversation with candidates also?

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Which I always wondered about since UNL campus has a tobacco free policy which XHCSF choose to ignore. I guess when you make $5M/yr. and are one of the good ol' boys you can do whatever you damn well please.

And the 1000 mile away view, I agree with your brothers. He did come across as unprofessional and it got worse the longer he was there. See the 2022 B1G media days where he couldn't even be bothered to give a cursory introductory statement.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

Thoughts on Malzahn? Not the best candidate but he's definitely a guy that can have the program in a NY6 bowl. Hard to find that kind of thing. He's a guy I'd rather have over most of the names out there.

- Extremely creative offensively.

- High-Level Recruiter

- History of success in big games

- Grinder, not a guy you'd find playing slots (figuratively and literally)

Cons:

- Pelini-esque record outside of his BCS runner-up year

- Bowl game losses, although in the SEC making a bowl game means half your team sits.

- Goofy, not the most personable guy in the world.

• Thanks 1