** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Both plays the safety is going in with bad intentions. "I didn't want to hurt anyone" is bulls#!t. You wanted to punish him, and that's why you landed the shot you did instead of shoving them out of bounds. One was legal within the rules, the other was extracurricular.

I agree that it should be flagged.

I'm pushing back against the personal attacks since then and claims that CSU is somehow a dirty program because of it.

• Plus1 1

Cheap shot worthy of a flag? Yes. Dirty play? Yeah, if he's head or knee hunting, which wasnt the case here. Honestly, getting hit in the stomach/chest area and getting that hurt from it seems kind of like a fluke. When i saw it live, i thought he just got the wind knocked out of him from a cheap shot.

If you think that was a dirty play, then Kenny Bell's hit on that Wisconsin player would be a dirty play. Which it was not. Cheap, yeah. But keep your head on a swivel young man. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
37 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

The one that happened during the play, and helped spring the ball carrier to a touchdown? That's a little different. The hit on Hunter wasn't as bad as some people made it sound, but there was no purpose to it other than to hurt him. I'm sure Bell wanted his guy to feel it, but the purpose was preventing him from making the tackle.

close enough for you to instantly  remember which play i was referring to  

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, commando said:

close enough for you to instantly  remember which play i was referring to  

The hit itself was similar, if that's all you're going for. The context of the play was not and that's what people are mad about. Again I think this was more borderline as opposed to flagrant, but Bell's was actually clean under the rules at the time. Just violent enough that they felt obligated to do something about it. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree that it should be flagged.

I'm pushing back against the personal attacks since then and claims that CSU is somehow a dirty program because of it.

I gotchya. It was a chippy game and both teams had extracurriculars. Nebraska was the same way playing them as well. That's what happens when one team wants to make everything "personal".

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Colorado has played 3 games and 2 overtimes.  

Amazing that they've had one offensive holding penalty all year.  How is that possible?

All those snaps and passing plays each game.  All those QB scrambles from Sanders dodging lineman, going left and right and backwards. 

Just one holding penalty.  They went 1-11 last year.  

I don't like blaiming officials, but sure feels like Celebrity treatment is on the side of Prime's team.  And it really sticks out.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 6
5 minutes ago, admo said:

Colorado has played 3 games and 2 overtimes.  

Amazing that they've had one offensive holding penalty all year.  How is that possible?

Well ... they played Nebraska.  So - for purposes of getting called for holding - that's only two games and two overtimes.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2

This recent interview was really an eye-opener for me. It's too early to tell of course, but in Deion I think we're watching a future hall of fame coach in his first year. The man is as solid as they come -- Colorado got very lucky.

Also, words of wisdom in the video for Huskers fans: "A multitude of kids choose the coach, especially if it's a prominent coach who has had success in his career" as it relates to recruiting top talent. Truer words have never been spoken. A program's history means far more to its fanbase than it does to players and recruits.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2