** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

13 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Frost must say yes because if we go to sumlin as plan b I will have to start rooting for Oklahoma 

Well cya. I hate this mentality. You should be a fan no matter who is hired. Yes we all want Frost, but there is plenty of other great options. Fuente and Campbell are great hires. Sumlin in a tough division had winning seasons, he is not a slouch of a coach. Texas pipeline, players love him. He would be an excellent hire. Moos knows what he’s doing.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Ziebol the Red said:

Well cya. I hate this mentality. You should be a fan no matter who is hired. Yes we all want Frost, but there is plenty of other great options. Fuente and Campbell are great hires. Sumlin in a tough division had winning seasons, he is not a slouch of a coach. Texas pipeline, players love him. He would be an excellent hire. Moos knows what he’s doing.

Unless it's Bert.  All bets are off then.  (Thankfully Moos "doesnt know him".)

• Plus1 4

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

No, we didn't. Mike Riley wasn't on any lists, wasn't rumored to be involved in anything at all to do with Nebraska.  The insiders didn't mention him. At all.

That's because Eichorst wanted to hire his buddy Bielma or at least get him a raise.  Then he phoned in the biggest decision he could make and hired Riley.

Just now, Dan_F_31 said:

And now a dramatic reading of my favorite exchange from the Bill Moos press conference:

Reporter: What are your thoughts on Bret Bielema?

Bill Moos: Who?

this has been a dramatic reading of my favorite exchange from the Bill Moos press conference.

I suppose that could be like when Sonny Corleone claimed he had no idea who Johnny Ola was. Is Moos Sicilian? 

Just now, Moiraine said:

I have nothing against Matt Campbell other than that he's not Frost and I'd prefer Frost, but why would he say he's "in it for the long haul" ? There are 500 other ways he could have worded his response if there was a chance he'd take another coaching job soon.

We're thinking "long haul" in terms of time.  Perhaps he means it monetarily, keeping it thinly veiled?

Just now, Moiraine said:

I have nothing against Matt Campbell other than that he's not Frost and I'd prefer Frost, but why would he say he's "in it for the long haul" ? There are 500 other ways he could have worded his response if there was a chance he'd take another coaching job soon.

Granted it was only one game, but watching ISU choke and lose today over a clock management blunder really soured me on Campbell. It felt so Nebraska-esque, that I can't feel good about a 9 million dollar buyout for him.  

• Plus1 4