** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

14 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

See this is what I like about this board.  People being nice to other people.  Rare these days.

Really, are you not one of those that jumped on the troll bandwagon because of a post I made?

Do you know what they call people like that? Well, I won't say it, don't want to give any one ammunition!

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Man, I suppose it's possible, but I'd be pretty disappointed if Scott went that route. If you want the Nebraska job, DO the Nebraska job. It's no small undertaking at this point.

I agree.  I would prefer that Scott start with NU full time on day 1, but I do think that he can go back and work from 12/26 to 1/1 at UCF and it wouldn't impact NU all that much.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He can do both.  He can be hired, start his work at Nebraska using a split squad of coaches.  Then he can go back to UCF for bowl week and look to finish an undefeated season there.  Of course, this would be dependent on how Frost and UCF handles the split.

Is that common? I assume it would require a couple versions of a contact to continue to lead/represent UCF while recruiting for Nebraska. With the early signing period of December 20 I do think its signigicant if he would not start until January.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He can do both.  He can be hired, start his work at Nebraska using a split squad of coaches.  Then he can go back to UCF for bowl week and look to finish an undefeated season there.  Of course, this would be dependent on how Frost and UCF handles the split.

What head coach has ever done this? You see some coordinators try to pull this off, but not head coaches. There's too much to juggle and there's the added hurdle of the early signing period. 

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Seems like something better suited for a coordinator rather than a HC.

Yes, you are probably right.  I would think that there might be a 25% chance that Frost coaches UCF in the bowl game, but it doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to do work at NU during December.  I won't comment on it anymore, because I just think it creates too much confusion with people.

• Plus1 1

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, you are probably right.  I would think that there might be a 25% chance that Frost coaches UCF in the bowl game, but it doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to do work at NU during December.  I won't comment on it anymore, because I just think it creates too much confusion with people.

Probably so:lol:

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, theknife said:

What head coach has ever done this? You see some coordinators try to pull this off, but not head coaches. There's too much to juggle and there's the added hurdle of the early signing period. 

Urban Myer.  He coached Utah in the Fiesta Bowl to finish undefeated.  He had accepted the Florida job a month earlier and it was announced the day before the Fiesta Bowl game was set.  The early signing period complicated things this time around.   It could be worked around though.  

• Plus1 1