Potential Assistant coach change(s)

• 1 month later...

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, I've seen several people on here mention that we are going to bring in a good QB coach.  I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else.  So, I have two questions:

a) Where are you seeing this.

and

b) Who is going to leave to make room for a new QB coach?

Thanks,

Chatter I heard is that it is some private QB coach that DR currently has.  No clue at all about that just something I saw.  I get so little inside information anymore.

I don't know who for QB coach.  Find it hard to believe we would be bringing in Raiola's private QB coach as a full time staff member.  He's in his 60s and never been a college coach before.

But rumblings are Satt will still be OC, bringing in a QB coach, Barthel is gone.  Not sure if Satt becomes RB/OC or Martin goes back to analyst (or leaves) and Satt becomes TE/OC (which seemed to be the plan last year).

Expect all this to happen next week after signing day.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
25 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't know who for QB coach.  Find it hard to believe we would be bringing in Raiola's private QB coach as a full time staff member.  He's in his 60s and never been a college coach before.

But rumblings are Satt will still be OC, bringing in a QB coach, Barthel is gone.  Not sure if Satt becomes RB/OC or Martin goes back to analyst (or leaves) and Satt becomes TE/OC (which seemed to be the plan last year).

Apparently works with McCord as well.  So might as well bring him in if you can.  I'ld take a guy who is currently coaching some big names in college and NFL over a guy with some college coaching experience 

32 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

This is the guy mentioned in the other thread. Works with Raiola along with several NFL QBs. 

Here is the all kool aid :koolaid2: path to the NC:

Add up the pieces:

Uncle Raiola  gets a huge wage increase this week

+

QB guru Christensen potentially the new QB coach

+

McCord signs (potentially) and plays 1 year - allowing DR to redshirt 

+

DR coming for an official visit

DYLAN RAIOLA IS N

=

National Championship in 3 years 

A guy can dream still....:bigredn:       No bubble bursting allowed until it actually bursts.   This is our post season bowl game. 

• Oh Yeah! 3
42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Wouldn't be the first guy MR hired whom hasn't coached at the college level.  That doesn't seem to bother him.

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sounds to me like Christensen is one stone for 3 birds. Probably helps secure Raiola and McCord and, as a bonus, those two get some $$ relief as NU would be paying him instead of them as a private coach. Seems like a pretty good deal.

If it is Christensen it also a huge recruiting tool. The guy is personal QB coach for Mahomes who is the darling QB of the NFL right now, not to mention he works with other NFL QBs and several high caliber college guys. It is a great sell "come work with the guy who made Mahomes, Ewers, etc., etc." It would attract high quality talent to Nebraska, and could make the program one that consistently puts guys in the league

• Oh Yeah! 3