Bo Pelini to PURDUE?

Bo's kids are still young, still in school, and he's home around family now.

Nebraska is still paying Bo the remainder of his buyout, meaning he's still earning around $3 million/year while working at a relatively stress-free job at YSU. That continues through February, 2019.

I think it's highly unlikely that Bo moves on from Youngstown State for a couple more seasons.

All of that makes sense. But considering the low contract he agreed to at YSU, I wouldn't be surprised if he sees Purdue as an opportunity to doubly screw over NU. Accept a low figure contract so we're still paying him, AND he has the chance to play us and spoil our season frequently.

The buyout stipulates that any contract Bo signs has to be fair market value. So he couldn't, for example, take $50,000 a year from Youngstown State and force Nebraska to fork over the balance of his $3 million per year.

If he takes the Purdue job he'd have to make somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5 - $2 million or UNL will cry foul.

I know that. He took the same amount as the previous head coach at Youngstown. Pelini was significantly more qualified, by a wide margin.

I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if he took a low end market value offer, because he doesn't have to take more when he's getting paid from Nebraska.

He thinks highly of himself to the point I think expects to do a well enough job to get a better job offer before his Nebraska buyout is done.

And I highly doubt the opportunity to go up against Nebraska doesn't cross his mind.

Bo's kids are still young, still in school, and he's home around family now.

Nebraska is still paying Bo the remainder of his buyout, meaning he's still earning around $3 million/year while working at a relatively stress-free job at YSU. That continues through February, 2019.

I think it's highly unlikely that Bo moves on from Youngstown State for a couple more seasons.

All of that makes sense. But considering the low contract he agreed to at YSU, I wouldn't be surprised if he sees Purdue as an opportunity to doubly screw over NU. Accept a low figure contract so we're still paying him, AND he has the chance to play us and spoil our season frequently.

The buyout stipulates that any contract Bo signs has to be fair market value. So he couldn't, for example, take $50,000 a year from Youngstown State and force Nebraska to fork over the balance of his $3 million per year.

If he takes the Purdue job he'd have to make somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5 - $2 million or UNL will cry foul.

I know that. He took the same amount as the previous head coach at Youngstown. Pelini was significantly more qualified, by a wide margin.

I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if he took a low end market value offer, because he doesn't have to take more when he's getting paid from Nebraska.

He thinks highly of himself to the point I think expects to do a well enough job to get a better job offer before his Nebraska buyout is done.

And I highly doubt the opportunity to go up against Nebraska doesn't cross his mind.

I figured you knew, but thought an explanation was warranted just in case.

I would love to go up against a Pelini defense. He shouldn't hope for that - he might not like the result.

reports are that Bo would take the Purdue job "if offered". There are no reports that Purdue wants Bo.

Reports are that I will take the Purdue job "if offered". There are no reports that Purdue wants me.

Is Bo's agent trying to grow interest in Bo for a future P5 job?

He's making sh#t up.

The obsessions run deep here.

reports are that Bo would take the Purdue job "if offered". There are no reports that Purdue wants Bo.

Reports are that I will take the Purdue job "if offered". There are no reports that Purdue wants me.

Is Bo's agent trying to grow interest in Bo for a future P5 job?

He's making sh#t up.

The obsessions run deep here.

LOL!!!

200.gif#4

• Fire 3

49ers%20ring.jpeg

LSU%20Ring.jpg

I forget, which are the levels higher than this?

How many rings did he earn as a Head Coach?

We all know Bo can coach defense when he has top notch athletes to run his schemes. His defense has issues when the available athletes are less than stellar.

His head coaching abilities were never national title or superbowl title worthy.

• Fire 1

I'll just snicker at him with his sideline antics and anger if he goes to Purdue. I do not miss his vulgar routine at all. He was a poor, poor representation of Nebraska. I still think after Pearlman took him to task over the rigged A&M game that he quit coaching. It just seemed his attitude and demeanor hit full Hulk mode. Never seemed happy after that. Wish him well and so glad he's not on the NU sidelines.

The good thing is NU has plenty of film to study with how to beat his defenses.

• Fire 1

Ehh... I think he has the ability. His biggest problem was his 2nd round of assistant coaches was crap. Once Sanders, Carl, and Echler left the d took a crap. We never had a great O coordinator either.

If his 2nd round was crap it's because he's a micro-manager. He doesn't trust the coaches to do their jobs, so he just hires yes-men. He's a good coordinator. I don't think he'll ever be a great head coach.

• Fire 1