MR surviving the season

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

Launch, why do you get so Riled up when discussing Oregon State?

I think Anderson has the Beavers heading in the right direction and will eventually achieve the most success in program history. Admittedly it doesn't look like much now.

Right direction?  Unless below doormat is the right direction, I'm not seeing it.  In Riley's last three years at Oregon State, he went 21-17.  Andersen thus far into season three has gone 7-21.  If you look at Oregon State's remaining schedule, it doesn't appear there's a win anywhere.  It's highly likely Oregon State finishes the season at 1-11 meaning Andersen likely is 7-29 through three years there.  Oregon State went to two bowl games in Riley's last three years there.  They have yet to be bowl eligible under Andersen, and it doesn't seem like they will be anytime soon. 

• Plus1 2

Survives the season.  Like the guy.  My gut says he'll be gone after the season.  I don't see them winning enough.

- They can't score 40-50+ points like so many teams do easily.  Why is this so hard to do at Nebraska anymore?

- They invite defenders into the box with their bunch sets. And then attack the box.  Ohhh, that's why.

- They don't dominate games.  They play to stay in games. That benefits the other team.

- Special teams isn't so special.

- They don't create turnovers.

- Many other teams use spread formations to gain an advantage, and it works.  It works against us, and we don't use it.

Hate to admit this but... Riley, Langs and Cavanaugh have turned us into Nebraska State. 

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Launch, why do you get so Riled up when discussing Oregon State?

I think Anderson has the Beavers heading in the right direction and will eventually achieve the most success in program history. Admittedly it doesn't look like much now.

Yes, much like Riley has Nebraska heading in the right direction. 

18 minutes ago, admo said:

Survives the season.  Like the guy.  My gut says he'll be gone after the season.  I don't see them winning enough.

- They can't score 40-50+ points like so many teams do easily.  Why is this so hard to do at Nebraska anymore?

- They invite defenders into the box with their bunch sets. And then attack the box.  Ohhh, that's why.

- They don't dominate games.  They play to stay in games. That benefits the other team.

- Special teams isn't so special.

- They don't create turnovers.

- Many other teams use spread formations to gain an advantage, and it works.  It works against us, and we don't use it.

Hate to admit this but... Riley, Langs and Cavanaugh have turned us into Nebraska State. 

Funny you said that.  I think that they sort of keep teams in games as well because of their slow moving offense.  They take a lot of time in the huddle, they take a lot of time at the line...It limits their possessions and the other teams so now you end up (even with crappy teams as we have seen) games that are close and in doing so you can end up with a bad break and lose.  Illinois, Purdue, BYU, Ark State (almost), NIU, the list goes on and on

• Plus1 1