** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I have never seen a coaching carousel quite like this one.  So many moving parts that could impact a wide variety of fan bases.  I think these jobs getting filled are good signs for us.  Let the mess work itself out and we can have a quiet week that ends next Sunday or Monday bringing home our guy.

Our team under Riley was playing with no confidence or heart. It was extremely obvious just by looking at them during the tunnel walk. A bunch of guys that do not understand or respect the tradition of the tunnel walk. If you contrast this with the Pelini teams exiting the tunnel walk, the difference was glaring. Don’t misunderstand my comments, I do not think Bo was able to consistently beat ranked teams and he was let go more for his behavior on the sideline and his comments that were recorded. Nevertheless, the players had husker pride. Riley’s teams never understood husker pride. How can you when the coach buys you ice cream for losing. 

I strongly believe that Frost would be successful very quick because he can get our players to respect husker pride and play hard to represent husker nation. We have good players, they just need to play with swagger and belief. Northwestern got to 9 wins through coaching. They have much less talent all around when compared to us but their coach knows how to coach. Frost will be successful and I would not be surprised if he gets 9 wins in his first season at Nebraska...assuming he takes the job of course.

• Plus1 1

For those who think Frost is still staying at UCF.

Frost was offered the job to Florida, turned it down, Florida comes out and in the same day is going to name a head coach in a few hours.

Nebraska has, as Moos pointed out, a few options. If Frost was staying at UCF then he would have already told us no and you would either be seeing smoke of a new coach for Nebraska, something leaked that Nebraska was going after some name, or heck, Nebraska could have already be naming a new head coach.

Also, think out of respect for his Alma Mater if Frost was not coming home he would probably have told us before he rejected Florida's offer.

• Plus1 2

TAMU is going to luck  out.  ASU is going to end up paying for sumlin to leave.  I questioned whether they would buy him out and then turn around and buy Fischer out just to give him a huge contract.  They've got money, but damn that would be an expensive transition. 

Edited by Crazyhole
1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Also, think out of respect for his Alma Mater if Frost was not coming home he would probably have told us before he rejected Florida's offer.

That's one thing during the times I've been worried about this scenario that I've thought of. It's one thing to leverage other offers for more $ at UCF or another school, but I don't see him doing that to Nebraska even if he doesn't want our job.

Edited by Moiraine

Pay attention to all this media crap. A few days ago everyone on here was told that Frost was coming. During that time big media outlets and their minions kept hinting Florida or Tennessee, and hardly mentioned Nebraska. Now all of the sudden, Frost is turning down jobs. Those jobs were turned down a long time ago.. You all are now in the know and see how ridiculous this media train is. Most are not credible and are as clueless as anyone. This is a prime example of the bias and motive to keep SEC teams relevant and in your minds. This is the crap that Nebraska has to fight. Frost was never going to put those two teams ahead of Nebraska. Wolken, Feldman, gtfo. 

• Plus1 7
2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

For those who think Frost is still staying at UCF.

Frost was offered the job to Florida, turned it down, Florida comes out and in the same day is going to name a head coach in a few hours.

Nebraska has, as Moos pointed out, a few options. If Frost was staying at UCF then he would have already told us no and you would either be seeing smoke of a new coach for Nebraska, something leaked that Nebraska was going after some name, or heck, Nebraska could have already be naming a new head coach.

Also, Mullen was one of our backups.  If moos was at all concerned that frost wasn't coming he would have done something to slow Florida down from hiring Mullen.