Who should our next HC be?

13 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Not sure how you can say one 8 win "turnaround" season as a head coach is good enough, but "2 turnarounds" at two different programs, one of which was in MUCH worse shape than Nebraska, isn't good enough. I don't have a problem with your logic, I just have a problem with your consistency. I mean, comparing resumes, if a Matt Rhule isn't good enough after what he's done throughout his career, then MJ shouldn't even be in the conversation, regardless of if he makes a bowl this year or not. Seems like just blind homerism to see it any other way.

Im saying He Won at a t Temple in the AAC. OK good job.

He turned Baylor into a 11 win team. GOOD job. 

He wont be able to bring Texas Kids to Nebraska like he was able to keep them in Texas.  You say its Baylor yes. But its still in Texas.  

IDK if MJ will be our next savior. Not saying 8 wins is a turnaround. Im just saying its a hell of a job with what his previous Head Coach left.

I think my top choice is Ruhle, if MJ doesn’t have the miracle season we are hoping for.

Aranda would also be awesome but I just don’t see him leaving Baylor. Fickell, same thing, I don’t see him leaving Cincinnati/Ohio. If he did, he would bounce at the first tOSU opportunity. I don’t think Meyer is interested. I don’t think Liepold or Campbell are the answer for what we need but they’re prob the best of the rest. So might as well hop all over Ruhle.

• Oh Yeah! 1
11 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Im saying He Won at a t Temple in the AAC. OK good job.

He turned Baylor into a 11 win team. GOOD job. 

He wont be able to bring Texas Kids to Nebraska like he was able to keep them in Texas.  You say its Baylor yes. But its still in Texas.  

IDK if MJ will be our next savior. Not saying 8 wins is a turnaround. Im just saying its a hell of a job with what his previous Head Coach left.

Rhule's previous head coach left him much Much MUCH worse at Baylor. In the wake of the Briles mess, most of the roster transferred as they were given the option to do so without losing a year of eligibility (pre-transfer portal days), all but like 1 recruit switched their commitment away from Baylor, and everyone assumed Baylor was looking down the barrel of an NCAA suspension of some sort, so who would want to go there.

10 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Don’t get me wrong. I do not expect us to win championships in year 1 or 2 but my initial point was about Matt Campbell and whether he is a good fit for Nebraska. If anyone evaluates what he has done in 7 years at Iowa State, they will see that it is not as impressive as what other coaches have done in much less time. Arguably, the work that Bret Bielema has done at Illinois with a team that was bottom of the pack is impressive at this point. It is still too early to tell but Illinois looks really solid in year 2 of his tenure. Look at what Lincoln Riley is doing in year 1 of his tenure with USC. Look at chip Kelly. My point is that we really need to find a good fit for Nebraska because the fans do not deserve another bad experiment. What we endured in 4.5 years with Frost and Chin took a lot of belief and hope that we can become relevant. We deserve a coach that can turn things around quickly with some early successes, even if it is an 8-5 first season (counting bowl game). In my opinion, if we can’t land the coach we want, we might as well give Mickey a chance. No reason to settle for third or fourth choice. I personally do not care if the best choice to bring us back to relevance comes with some baggage. No one is a saint anymore and everyone deserves a second chance. 

Solid post. Nothing I personally disagree with. I think a University and fan base can take a little baggage with a coach provided the person is not a complete embarrassment nationally. 

39 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Eh to be fair, the panthers qb situation has been hot garbage.  Baker is trash, that was a close game against the niners yesterday until his ghastly pick to end the 2nd quarter.  Rhule had to deal with the ghost of cam newton/sam darnold and then i think teddy bridgewater was his best qb to roll with, aka a journeyman/backup/fringe spot starter at best.

If we can land Rhule he is number 3 on the list (behind urban and lane, of course ;) )