Who should our next HC be?

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think people are worried that if another coach is hired, Mickey will leave.  I really like Mickey, and want him to stick around, but I don't think Mickey has "invented how to recruit to Nebraska" and other coaches can come in and be as successful.

I was worried about that too, but I don't think Coleman would've committed unless he was convinced that Mickey would be back. That said, I definitely think Brian Kelly will make him an offer after this season. Mickey, Malachi, Omarion Miller, and AJ Allen could all end up at LSU.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I was worried about that too, but I don't think Coleman would've committed unless he was convinced that Mickey would be back. That said, I definitely think Brian Kelly will make him an offer after this season. Mickey, Malachi, Omarion Miller, and AJ Allen could all end up at LSU.

Don't you put that evil on us, Ricky Bobby!

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Keep MJ on board and I think we keep them all. 

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Recruits don't have any insight into what's happening. Mickey is of course going to tell recruits he's planning to be at Nebraska, but that doesn't mean anything since Mickey isn't making any of the decisions.

Unless Mickey is hired as the HC, I don't foresee him or any of the current coaches still on staff next season. Just the way coaching changes go.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I'd never said anything about the rankings at all. I posted it bc I wanted to show Husker Nation what someone was thinking. Now if I'm going to give my opinion on it then I will say that I truly do not believe the second guy he listed or even the third guy he listed is even on our radar but anything is fair game rn bc its been dead on the coaching search.

Yeah, you didnt say anything. I was just commenting on the article.

17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Like sands through the hourglass......

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

"Nebraska needed to make a big move in order to become a Big Ten power and close the gap on Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin. Frost’s arrival will certainly do that in his return to Lincoln."

Arguably, we have closed the gap on Wisconsin and Michigan St.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Honestly, is there any basis for these rankings other than someone following the fan chatter and speculation on the internet?

We could all huddle and come up with a reasonable Top 5 of candidates who are either exciting or at the very least acceptable, and there's an excellent chance that none of them has any intention of coming to Nebraska, making these power ranking kinda silly. 

Serious question: if it does come to money (and suddenly we're hearing about lowball incentive driven contracts) how freely is Nebraska ready to spend?  It appears we had a booster willing to write a $7 million check just for Scott Frost to go away three weeks sooner. But can booster money fund the coaches salary itself?  The UNL football coach is the highest paid state employee and takes his money out of the AD budget, but if the AD balks at anything over say $8 million a year, could that same booster say "I'll cover the extra $2 million a year to make it a clean and attractive $10 mill?  Don't know if there are rules or workarounds about that. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

In regards to Mickey's candidacy, there was a pretty good listen on 93.7 the ticket this morning on Early Break with an interview with Ross Delinger from SI who spent last weekend in Lincoln and was invited to a few team meetings with Mickey Joseph. Lets you into the way Mickey is leading right now from a national view. The link is below if anyone is interested:

https://redcircle.com/shows/early-break-93-7-the-ticket-kntk2453/episodes/7f6d1985-25ba-4374-9e41-2704f5d7228f

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1