North Dakota - What did we learn?

admo

North Dakota has darn good fb coach and scrappy team.  Probably fun team to watch.  
i think we could have chance in the MO Valley league to compete but we could not run the table.  Ugh.  

This team won today.  But ND fans I bet had a whole lotta fun.  Probably their disappointed because woulda, coulda, shoulda.  This was like a heavy weight fight (without any contenders) that ended with both guys beaten and bloodied, and by a unanimous decision, the favorite got the decision.  Took 15 rounds. Both fighters got multiple knock downs.  It was unorthodox.  Neb had some flurries that scored but got stuck on the ropes while ND did bag work on us.  Kind of interesting fight.  Glad we got ducuib

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Mavric said:

Eh, they got it on about the 30 yard line, which is five yards farther out than they would have gotten it had we kicked it through the end zone.  If it hits that guy a little more square it could have easily bounced right back to us.

But it was supposed to be a hard squib to the corner so they couldn't fair catch it.  It just hit the guy in the leg instead of skidding past.

I didn't like the one last week at all.  This one was a pretty good strategical move.

At this point any Frost decision that only costs us 5 yards is about the best we can hope for.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think we learned what a lot of us don't want to admit for some reason.

The Big Ten West is horrible.

Wisconsin was in a dog fight at half with Illinois State

Iowa is an embarrassment 

PU crapped themselves vs a PSU team that is 500 in its last 25 games

We are in no position to say any of this.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

North Dakota has darn good fb coach and scrappy team.  Probably fun team to watch.  
i think we could have chance in the MO Valley league to compete but we could not run the table.  Ugh.  

This team won today.  But ND fans I bet had a whole lotta fun.  Probably their disappointed because woulda, coulda, shoulda.  This was like a heavy weight fight (without any contenders) that ended with both guys beaten and bloodied, and by a unanimous decision, the favorite got the decision.  Took 15 rounds. Both fighters got multiple knock downs.  It was unorthodox.  Neb had some flurries that scored but got stuck on the ropes while ND did bag work on us.  Kind of interesting fight.  Glad we got ducuib

Excellent take on the game

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

What I learned is what i said was coming true with Grant. That he is well on his way to rushing over 1000 yards. Funny thing is everyone laughed at that prediction. Regardless if you say the o-line is trash he makes plays. Anyone else believe that as well now?

The Okl game should tell us all we need to know about this team. Then you can all decided who is the best starters, we have at rb, wr, , o line, D. 

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1

I learned that this team isn’t fired up!   I remember going to games and watching warm ups, we had kids bouncing around like crazy.   We watched mosh pits in the end zone and kids jumping up and over teammates.  The kids wanted to play they were fired up to play.  

satueday I watched them warm up…and just go through the motions.  There wasn’t any jumping around.  There wasn’t any excitement.  The tunnel wall seemed like they were just there, the warm up they just were there.  Half trike they were just there.  Heads down… I did see Nelson walking around trying to pump people up but this team just doesn’t have that fire.   That burn to win. They seem almost clinical 

• Plus1 4
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I learned that they apparently changed the targeting rule in the offseason because we had two times that a player got targeted by the definition of the rule we've known for the last 9 years and neither was determined to be targeting.

I really wish they would have just called roughing the passer on the last one.  It should have been targeting too, but at least with roughing the passer, it isn't going to get reversed.